Would you do it again?

vacationlover
on 1/25/19 5:40 am

I am almost 8 years out (OMG, where has the time gone?!), and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I had skin removal surgery and a BL a little over a year ago, and have no regrets with that either.

I won't say that maintaining a weight of 130/135 is magical and requires no work, but it is WAY easier to get back to goal when I stray, with a smaller tummy and focusing on proteins.

One thing I did approx 2 years ago is join WW with my husband. I had gained approx 20 lbs (still under my Dr's goal for me), but I didn't want to keep going up and up. I love the program, hit "liftetime", and use the program when I find that my weight is creeping up. The program helps me to focus on eating right (focusing on protein, veggies and fruit).

One thing I CAN'T do, and maintain my goal, is just to eat whatever/whenever I want, and not exercise at all. While I can't eat lots of protein, nor lots of sugary snacks, I can chow down on carbs like chips and Chex Mix, so I have to have at least a bit of daily control to not gain too much :)

CW: 130ish HW: 264 SW:254 Hgt: 5'2

Goals-Dr:159-MET Mine:140-MET!!! Final Goal: 135-MET!!!!!

W4:-22 W8:-11 W12:-10.5 W16:-12 W20:-11.5 W24:-9.5 W28:-8 W32:-7.5 W36:-8 W40:-7.5 W44:-5 W48: -4.5 1Yr/W52: -7

Sydney5816
on 1/25/19 5:04 pm
VBG on 01/08/18

Hi Beccah!

I am 2 1/2 wks out and I would absolutely do this again. When I first started my 2 wk liquid diet, I stopped after day three. I got nervous and decided not to do it. I drove to the grocery store in the middle of the night and bought two bags of doritos and ate them both.

The next morning I felt so depressed. Not really guilty just very depressed and dissappointed. I made all of these plans and worked hard to get through the process and then decided to stop.

So I called my doctor to see if I could get back on the liquid diet without complecations. They said it would be ok but nothing bu****er,jello and protein drinks.

After that it was a breeze and everything went we'll with the surgery. I was worried about nothing. I had no pain, no nasea and I felt great. Im so glad I did it. I have type 1 diabetes and Addisons disease. I was worred about low blood sugar and being able to asorb my steriods. Everything has worked out great. I feel way better then before.

So when you feel like turning around and stopping, think of all the good things that will come of it. You will feel so much better. You will be healthier, have more energy.

I had a lot of reasons not to do but im glad I listened to my doctors. Ask a lot of questions and remember its only a few weeks of liquids to have the rest of your life back! ???

GirNNJ
on 1/28/19 6:12 pm - NJ

Wish I had done it sooner. Wasted so many years being overweight and not getting to enjoy my daughter growing up.

Most Active
Recent Topics