Just got my surgery date and wigging out

TheWombat
on 1/18/19 9:05 am
VSG on 06/11/18

Just so you know, most people do end up with "buyer's remorse" for a short time after surgery. My own regret only lasted a few hours; once I started feeling better I was very glad to have done it. (I wasn't really in pain after surgery, just uncomfortable and feeling alarmed at the enormity of what I had done.) I think most people only regret surgery for a few days at most.

AccrualWorld
on 1/18/19 9:13 am
VSG on 02/05/19

I've definitely heard of that after people have the surgery, when things are the hardest and most painful. I'm mentally preparing myself for those "what have a done" moments. It sounds silly but I relate it to last year when I got a new puppy and on day 3, I had a mental breakdown thinking I had made the wrong choice because of the disruption the puppy had made on my life. It didn't take long for those thoughts to dissipate, so I'll keep reminding myself that this too shall pass. Thanks!

AccrualWorld
on 1/18/19 9:11 am
VSG on 02/05/19

Thanks everybody for your responses! I actually feel a lot better this morning, just knowing that this process has been many months long and many years in my head. Getting the date, and having it only a few weeks ago, just shook my brain yesterday. Keep on keepin on...

Boomerwayne
on 1/19/19 12:22 pm - PRATTSVILLE, NY

It is normal to feel this way when you are going to do something that is going to make your life better. You will be fine. God will be with you and my prayers will be with you. The hardest thing for me is that darn IV that they give you...after that everything else is down hill from there. Remember also, that everyone is different, we all have different views, goals, wishes, dreams, etc... but you made this decision to better your life don't be afraid to reach that goal. Contact me if you need any help. Mike H.

Most Active
Recent Topics