Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Thursday, 11/22/18

(deactivated member)
on 11/22/18 5:01 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning menu friends :) Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US, and for our non-US menu friends, I hope you have a happy and warm Thursday. Today is going to be beautiful weather, the warmest day we've had all month so far with temperature reaching 60 degrees. I will enjoy the weather today and go for a nice walk since my gym is closed.

My day program is going well, though today we are off obviously. I will admit, that the day off makes me feel out of sorts. I really do well with the structure, and the support from my group and therapist has become very important to me very quickly. They are really helping me through some issues, but I know they are discussing moving me into a secondary program when this one ends to get a better handle and more long term handle on my depression. The plus side is, my PTSD is really much improved the psychiatrist says. My reaction to certain triggers is more stable. It is just the depression that has made a big turning point in severity. I am confident I can get it under control with their help and help from my grandmother and close friends.

QOTD: Do you have your Holiday Dinners early? I've always hated eating a Holiday dinner at lunch time. It's just lunch then!

B- 2 eggs scrambled with vegetables

L- Turkey breast with mashed potatoes and some gravy

D- Turkey breast with stuffing and gravy

S- Half a serving of pecan pie (it's a huge pie), slice of lemon cake

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/22/18 6:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so proud of you Mersh in taking action to help yourself. You deserve to feel good.

QOTD: I prefer to eat at a more or less normal dinner time though will eat earlier if necessary. Today while we are eating at a restaurant with a 3:30 reservation, so we will be eating at around 4:15 or so. A little early but way better than 1-2.

2 Years 7.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: chicken and cottage cheese (maybe - will be more like snack size as we are eating dinner in the afternoon)

D: turkey, etc.

S: pie?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Kristi T.
on 11/22/18 9:13 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Mersh, you are amazing. You are going to overcome and begin to thrive before you know it. You are an inspiration and deserve to feel good and confident. We are all rooting for you!

QOTD-I don't like holiday dinners early either. It seems every year it is between 1pm and 3pm, I prefer it to be around 6pm:-) Today it is at 1:00, that's okay, I am grateful to have someplace to go.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L & D-Turkey with all the sides, small slices of pumpkin and raisin cream pie.

E-None today unless I go in the dark with a flashlight

Have a wonderful warm and blessed day!

MissCheri18
on 11/22/18 11:21 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi all! I wanted to drop in and wish everyone a lovely day and for the other Americans Happy Thanksgiving whatever you do to celebrate i hope you make lovely memories to charish! I have been down for couple of reasons mainly my system is down and all I have is my little phone, it doesn't work well with my vision. QOTD: we use to eat at 1pm every year, I guess that way everyone could have pie before some had to go home. Now it's just me and my sister and she works some shift always. One year I had it ready at 9AM because she got off at 7am and would be going back that evening late. This year we had it at 11:30 am and she is at work now. I ate some turkey a small amount of mashed potatoes, a tsp of gravy, some cranberry orange relish and geen beans. My sister had corn and stuffing and a roll with hers. We have apple pie for later I may have a 1/4 of a slice, with a TBSP of Vanilla Cinnamon Swirl ice cream. Again I hope you all have a wonderful day.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

mmsmom
on 11/22/18 11:56 am - Woburn, MA

happy thanksgiving! we are cooking even though only 4 of us are eating. my daughter is with her in-laws.

QOTD: we generally eat mid day, like 3-4ish.

B: toast (homemade bread)

L: leftover pasta

D: TURKEY, stuffing, baked potatoes, squash, asparagus, cauliflower, gravy, homemade cranberry sauce...okay, so maybe a bite of everything and lots of turkey, sliver of choc cream pie, cheesecake tarts... OMG, is it time to eat yet???

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics