Whatch Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, November 21 (Thanksgiving Eve)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/21/18 7:56 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Almost the official beginning of the holidays in the US! Turkey day tomorrow. We are going out to eat which is not my favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving but it has never been a big holiday for us. I hope you will be enjoying in your favorite way!

It is super QUIET here on OH. I have a one day break between friends visiting and the holiday, so I want to eat on plan today!

QOTD: What is your favorite thing about your career? I am retired, so my favorite thing is not stressing about the next day and the next project, as well as having time to just sit and enjoy my coffee in the morning.

2 Years 7.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: chicken and cottage cheese

D: grilled chicken (already marinating)

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

facetedginger
on 11/21/18 9:17 am

I'll be working tomorrow, but the kitchen is working on creating a huge thanksgiving feast for all of our patients, staff, and patient families which I think is very nice. I'll be here for my regular 16 hours tomorrow but that's okay with me.

QOTD: My favorite thing is interacting with my patients and their families and seeing them progress. I left a very corporate job and took a major paycut a few months ago but the people side of it has made it really worth it.

I'm still recovering from the flu vaccine so I'm taking it easy today with the food.

B: Coffee

L: Shake

D: Shake or maybe some chicken

Kristi T.
on 11/21/18 9:47 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Liz and menu friends!

My early Thanksgiving with my uncle at his assisted living was really nice, the ham was wonderful, the pie not so much. We went back to his apartment and looked through an old box of his personal photos from his military days in Korea. They are photos that I have never seen. I saw a different side of my life and it touched my heart:-) My family has often said I am like him and it used to infuriate me, next time I will be honored if they say it!

I am traveling about an hour away for Thanksgiving tomorrow, I am making sour cream raisin and pumpkin pies. It will be with a very politically charged group of people, so it will be interesting.

QOTD-I retired from nursing a long time ago, so I will use my current part time career. My favorite thing about working at the visitor center is turning a weary traveler into and excited tourist:-)

B-Sprouted grain toast w/almond butter, bullet coffee

L-Fage yogurt with peaches and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-Spaghetti(limited pasta for me) and green beans

E-Hike with Emmy, I am going to try and get above the fog today.

Have a lovely Wednesday!

mmsmom
on 11/22/18 4:24 am - Woburn, MA

Posting late, for yesterday...Busy day trying to catch up on work before the long weekend. We have Friday off too, yay.

QOTD: I work as an IP paralegal which means I always see the newest breakthroughs. I used to work at a lawfirm so that was very interesting and diverse. Now I work in the mammography field. Good news, ladies, comfortable mammograms is high on the list of goals for new developments.

B: cheerios

L: went to Rinos in East Boston (they are on DDD alot on Food network). chicken parm and fresh pasta. sooooooo good, but I can eat about 1/4 of the meal. Luckily it's good leftover.

D: small piece of the chicken and 1/2 an orange

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics