New member; Surgery tomorrow, Nov 20, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/18 7:20 pm

This forum was recommended very highly so I joined to learn from you all. My surgery is in the morning and I'm nervous but cautiously optimistic.

No doubt, I'll lurk a while, reading through posts to get familiar, but I did want to say hello, and to thank you in advance for your ideas and wisdom.

Kristi T.
on 11/20/18 8:07 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Welcome! I wish you the best with your surgery today. When you feel up to it come join the menu thread, keep coming back to OH.

ElaP
on 11/21/18 8:47 am
VSG on 10/22/18

Best wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery! Welcome to the sip life!

mrsdworden
on 11/22/18 3:29 am
VSG on 01/21/19

Good Luck to you Crys!! I'm new today too and I will have my surgery in January. Looking forward to seeing you post your results/experience!!

Peaceop
on 11/26/18 10:07 am

Best wishes ..... I'll be having surgery in January and am trying to learn as much as I can in the meantime ...... not clear about what kind of foods qualify for the "soft food stage" or what a day might look like a couple of weeks after surgery.

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/18 11:51 am

I'm doing well. My pain level is manageable and I'm only on Tylenol. I am back to work.

Overall, I have a bit of appetite, but it is easily quelled with water or broth. Full liquids is still a bit of a challenge, mostly because sweet stuff isn't agreeing with me. Milk went down ok. Adding plain protein powder to my beef broth was... uhhh.. not the best, but passable.

I'm feeling really optimistic.

mrsdworden
on 11/30/18 4:58 am
VSG on 01/21/19

So happy to see your update!! I'll be checking back soon to read more from you! 6 weeks to go for us here!!

Most Active
Recent Topics