Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Thursday, 11/15/18

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/18 4:50 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Morning everyone! It's a very cold day, so I hope the rest of you are staying warm, or are fortunate to live in beautiful climate, (not jealous, but also a little jealous). Once my clothes get out of the dryer I will get to snuggle in their soft warmth for awhile and forget that winter has finally come around. Those of us in the US are likely prepping for the holiday week coming up! Thanksgiving is coming up. We debated on just going out and not cooking or having any mess, but decided against it and going to have a small dinner. Just a few of the classics. I can't wait for leftover turkey sandwiches, but really I don't care about the food (well, except the pecan pie that I will probably have a piece of. I'm pretty excited for that pie.) I am mostly just glad to be with family.

I am going through some counseling for my depression, it will be everyday most of the day like a job, so I've packed my lunch and my backpack I take for work so I have everything I might need. Plus an extra jacket to go over a jacket I already will be wearing. After this I will probably pick up a class at the gym to attend since I slacked off and didn't go yesterday, though I was out all day doing errands pretty much after I spent the day with a friend. So timing was off.

QOTD: What have you binge watched recently? If you don't binge watch, is there anything you like to do that you can sit and do for hours?

I jus****ched all of Making a Murderer, don't want to spoil it any, but it is honestly infuriating how things are handled with this case and investigation. If you haven't seen it and enjoy true crime type docuseries then I recommend it.

B- Egg and cheese burrito

L- Pastrami sandwich with provolone cheese, cottage cheese

D- Baked chicken breast, half a baked potato, steamed veggies

S- Sunflower kernels, persimmon, raw veggies

facetedginger
on 11/15/18 5:14 am

Good morning!

Mersh, I'm glad you're getting the help you need. I know that struggle all too well.

I'm excited about the holiday, but I'll be working so I'm making a mini Thanksgiving on Sunday for DH and I with just some of the basics... and maybe a pie. I ordered a new gluten free flour yesterday and I hear it makes a great pie crust, so fingers crossed.

QOTD: What have you binge watched recently? DH and I have been binging jeopardy. We've started at the beginning.

B: Coffee

L: Creamy vegetable soup

D: It's family night, so we'll likely go out. Hoping for some grilled shrimp and broccoli wherever we go.

S: Bari cereal

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/18 7:30 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I saw that all the seasons of Jeopardy were on Netflix, or Hulu! I have it on my list to watch!

mmsmom
on 11/15/18 5:18 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Mer****'s ridiculously cold here too - and bad weather is on the way. Although where I am, they are saying 2 inches of snow, so that's really nothing - just too early. I'm having friends for dinner tomorrow night...hope the weather is not a factor. Everyone has an SUV and lives within a mile, so I'm thinking we're good!

QOTD: Jus****ched season 2 of Goliath. I thought it was really good. I was never a Billy Bob Thornton fan, but I like him in this series. I have a hard time sitting for hours. I'm just too fidgety. I am always jumping up and emptying the dishwasher or doing something around the house. Apparently I have a need to accomplish things (according to a study we did at work). I wish I could just sit and ignore all that has to be done. I think you need to be born male to be like that (at least in my house - no offense to the guys out there).

B: 1/2 bagel, cored, toasted, with cheddar

L: got rescheduled from yesterday so spaghetti bolognese

D: leftovers

Ended up snacking for lunch yesterday as we had a new cleaner here and I didn't want to be in her way and then a hawaain roll with boiled ham for dinner. It was yummy and just the right size.

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/18 7:31 am
VSG on 01/12/17

The end of your answer made me giggle

facetedginger
on 11/15/18 12:36 pm

I'm the same way. We sit down for a minute then I need to rotate the dishes, laundry, run the sweeper, wipe the counters, mend something... it never ends.

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/18 5:35 am
VSG on 10/24/18

B - 1/2 poached egg & Protein Drink (powder + 1 tsp decaf instant coffee + 2 tsps Benefibre)

L - 1/2 poached egg & Protein Drink (powder + 1 tsp decaf instant coffee)

D - 1/2 poached egg & cream of chicken soup

QOTD: Grey's Anatomy!

Gwen M.
on 11/15/18 6:01 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm really glad you're starting a program for depression. I hope it helps.

It's SNOWING HERE. WTF, it's November. Good day to bundle up and get work done. I did my GERO exam yesterday so today it's time to start work on assignment #2 for HMGT. Which involves finding court cases. Which is a big pain in the ass :P

QOTD: I don't have time to binge watch TV, nor do I have the butt fortitude ;) That said, there are days that Lance and I will see 3 movies in the theater all in one fell swoop. Art and I are currently working our way through Supernatural - we just started season 7 last night - we get 2-3 episodes a week normally. Lance and I are just about to finish season 2 of Legion - we get 1-2 episodes a week. When we finish that we'll start on the newest season of The Walking Dead. (Art and I will never finish Supernatural at the rate we're going!) As a family, the three of us are currently working through the newest season of Marvel Agents of Shield - we probably get in 2-3 episodes a week.

The only thing I really sit and do for hours these days is school work and even that is challenging for me. I don't know.. I'm not a real sitter anymore. I'm constantly trying to figure out ways to make my study chair more comfortable, but sitting for more than 30 minutes or so anywhere except the amazing recliners at the movie theater leads to significant butt pain. I've also stopped being a person who says, "Oh, I'll do that [quick thing] next time I get up" and, instead, I just get up and do it when I think about it.

I really want to watch Making of a Murderer though! I've heard it's like Serial for TV :)

1: protein shake
2: I might treat myself to a bowl of oatmeal because OMG SNOW!
3: will depend on whether or not I have oatmeal...
4: braised pork ragu, pasta for the guys

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: I don't want to go out to run (either outside or at the gym) because of the weather, so I will do some yoga later on

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NYMom222
on 11/15/18 8:51 am
RNY on 07/23/14

butt fortitude- that made me laugh!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/15/18 6:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! I am glad you are getting some good counseling. I hope you feel much improved soon!

It is DH's Birthday today, and sadly may be the last one he really understands (Alzheimer's). We are celebrating with friends here in Florida.

QOTD: I binge watch periodically to catch up on a show. I think the most recent show I did that with was The Resident. I watched Making a Murderer a while ago and I too was amazed by all the mistakes made. I'm not positive as to whether the outcome was wrong or right but the process was incredibly flawed and so unfair.

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles, and cottage cheese

D: ? (Out to dinner for DH's Birthday)

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active
Recent Topics