Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday, 11/10/18

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/18 3:34 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all. Hope the start of your weekend is nice! It's bitter cold here and I'm not particularly enjoying it. Went to Macy's the other day to use this gift card I've been holding onto for awhile and bought matching hat, mittens, and a big, warm scarf.

QOTD: How are you going to spend your weekend?

Have been having some issues with my depression and anxiety the last couple days, so what happens this weekend is a mystery. Tonight will be going to a reunion with friends from high school though.

Breakfast- Avocado with an egg baked in the middle, chobani non-fat plain

Lunch- Leftover baked chicken from yesterday, stir-fry veggies

Dinner- Will be meeting them at some bar and grill. Have looked over the menu already and will likely have the grilled teriyaki salmon, or some shrimp tacos

Snacks- Protein drink, babybel cheese and deli meat

facetedginger
on 11/10/18 8:20 am

Cold here too! I was unprepared for snow this morning. I don't own a coat. Tried to layer up with my scrubs and hop in the car fast. This morning DH let me order a whole back heating pad that stays on with a front closure--- I can't wait for it to arrive.

QOTD: At work both days but want to go out for fajitas tonight and a movie with DH if I'm feeling well enough. We're in the middle of a giant emergency construction project and tensions are a little high for my liking in the house.

B: Bari cereal and coffee

L: Pot Roast

D: fajitas or leftover pot roast

FreedomGirl
on 11/10/18 9:06 am
VSG on 12/27/18

QOTD: work, work, work, work, and more work.

Food: Jenny Craig

Good news: I finished all of my pre-op requirements and am meeting with my surgeon on Wednesday to schedule a surgery date. Yay!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

Kristi T.
on 11/10/18 10:09 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Bitter cold here too, snowed about 2 inches last night. I guess I will have to just accept the fact that winter is here. It's sunny right now, so that is one positive!

Depression is a hard one Mersh, I wonder if it has something to do with your lack of sleep this past week? That may be why it's creeping back in. Hopefully the reunion will help, you are going to get a lot of people telling you how amazing you look if they haven't seen you in awhile. Take it all in, you deserve every single compliment!

QOTD-Tonight is our annual Lutefisk dinner. My grandmother started the tradition of going every year because she love****efisk. I can take it or leave it. Thankfully they serve other things like meatballs, mashed acorn squash and lots of Lefsa! It's a fun place to people watch, it's family style dining so you eat with strangers and get to know them a little:-) Other than that and shoveling some snow, no other plans.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-1/2 cup 2%Fage with peaches and pumpkin seeds

S-Hot tea

D-Lutefisk and meatballs!

E-Hike with Emmy in the sun.

Have a lovely Saturday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/10/18 12:06 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Mersh, I hope your reunion perks you up! I felt like I posted earlier today but must not have pressed submit?

QOTD: As I mentioned yesterday, being retired means that weekends are sort of the same except that more people are out running errands and at restaurants and friends who are still working are more available. We hung out at the pool earlier today and my SIL arrives tomorrow to stay for the next 4 weeks with us here in Florida. I've been working on a project for the last few days to frame a medicine cabinet mirror and I think it will finally be complete and ready for installation early tomorrow.

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles, and cottage cheese

D: taco salad filling left over from yesterday

S: homemade cottage cheese or hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active
Recent Topics