Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Sunday 11/4/18

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/18 3:26 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all. Hope you guys didn't get too thrown off by the clock change, for those of you in the US who change. It has made for a very long night for those of us working over night. As usual I am in a 1:1 observation and nodded off in this dark room. It wasn't a sleep, just dipped my head and picked it back up when the nurse came in to let me walk around. Pretty sure she saw me nod, but don't think she was too upset. Especially thanks to the long night.

One last day of work. I have an appointment Monday afternoon at the dentist to have this last tooth in the back checked. Doesn't hurt tonight really, but when it does hurt it's torture.

QOTD: What is one of the most ridiculous rules your work has?

I was just thinking about all the things we had to do when state and joint commission came through here. One of the rules in a 1:1 room is that you are not allowed to have food or drinks with you. Food I can see, but not allowing drinks seems absurd for a 12 hour shift. Now, almost none of us follow those rules, but when Joint Commission was here we all had to and it was horrible. Even more so because I had to use breaks to eat, so drinkingwaa difficult to fit in.

B- Ham and cheese omelette

L- Grilled cheese sandwich with the last of my turkey on it. Not enough left for a reg turkey sandwich. Blackberries

Dinner- chipotle lime salsa chicken on tortilla

Snack- Green Dragon apple. If you are like me and never heard of it, this apple will change your life. It is the sweetest, most delicious apple I have ever had. It tastes like an apple and a pear together. Also will have a protein bar

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/4/18 4:28 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Thank goodness for the time change as we leave for Florida today and the extra hour this morning is very helpful.

Yesterday was a tough one as we said goodbye to our Chiquita. She is with my eldest DD in heaven now.

QOTD: I think you mentioned these rules previously Mersh and I think they are crazy! Since I am retired now, I make most of the rules, so I don't think any of them are ridiculous (LOL).

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese

L: P3 pack (on plane)

D: low-carb pizza casserole (no crust)

S: cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 11/4/18 7:58 am - Woburn, MA

I'm so sorry, Liz. I still get sad thinking about my pup that we lost 4 years ago. I also like to think he is with a loved one. Just before he passed, my son was visiting his friend's grave and the dog sat up against the tomb stone and wouldn't leave. My son thought, "oh this isn't good" and within the week the dog was gone. My friend, who's son it was said - well, he always wanted a dog. I like to think my Bandit is with him and they are taking good care of each other. When I got my present dog, I shouted to the heavens, "Chris, you leave this one here!!!" LOL

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 11/4/18 10:49 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I love this, thank you!

Kristi T.
on 11/4/18 10:51 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16
Kristi T.
on 11/4/18 10:53 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I am so sorry Liz, I know how special she was to you and DH! She is up in heaven and they are comforting each other right now.

(Edited, my reply keeps going in the wrong place:-)

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/18 6:43 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I'm so sorry about Chiquita. It is so hard losing our pets. They are our family.

NYMom222
on 11/4/18 4:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Good Morning

I have worked hospital night shift in the past- many moons ago. It is rough especially when you are expected to stay awake all night. Nothing but sympathy for you.

QOTD: Right now I don't have a regular job-just doing my own stuff, as I can. Can't think of stupid rules I've had but I am sure there are a few.

B: overnight oats w/protein Fairlife latte

L: Emiepie egg salad and salad

D: meeting family for dinner for an oyster on the half shell happy hour. $1.25 each. Should be good

S: Protein shake/bar

ex: gym/strength training

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Gwen M.
on 11/4/18 6:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I did wonder, this morning, why I woke up so much earlier than my alarm! Have I used that time wisely to work on my paper? Nope. But at least I can justify "wasting" an hour ;)

I've been really spastic about the daily OH posts recently. I get up early and do my exercise and then it's straight to school and posting my meal plan just gets lost in the shuffle. Oh well, eventually I'll figure out a routine that allows time for OH.

I've got my first HMGT paper for this class due tonight. I'm at the stage where I've done all the research and just need to vomit words onto paper now. The class is Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care and my topic for this paper is falsifying medical credentials. I've learned that there aren't a lot of federal laws relating to this issue because licensure is a state thing. I think I make more work for myself with my assignments because I get so fascinated with the research and wanting to learn more things. This is great for my knowledge base, not so great for my time management!

I lost two days last week to my endoscopy. I had only planned on losing the actual day of the procedure, but I was wiped out the day after as well. This week I'm losing another two (or three) days - Tuesday due to working as an election judge (WOOO!!) and then Friday/Saturday because I'm driving up to my mom's to interview someone at her CCRC about HIPAA compliance. At least I don't have any major assignments due next weekend.

QOTD: Since I don't work, I'll tell you about a rule my college has. We're not allowed to submit work we've submitted for prior classes, which makes sense, right? Since reusing a research paper for a second class would be dumb. It's mainly geared to people who are retaking classes and then, why would you reuse something if you failed the class the first time anyway? But this rule annoys me because I've literally had to "fix" Medicare and Social Security in three different classes now. If I can't resubmit work, then my profs shouldn't duplicate assignments :P (This isn't a super serious complaint, because each class does have a slightly different focus and angle to approach the issue from, but still, with the number of times I've fixed Medicare and Social Security, those programs should be perfect at this point.) Also, for every HMGT class, the first discussion topic is "share three helpful tips with your classmates for keeping on top of online classes." Seriously, my tips don't change significantly every 8 weeks. For that, I totally do reuse my previous "helpful tips" post with some minor edits each class.

Anyway.. meals.

1: protein shake
2: scrambled eggs with cheese (I've been craving eggs the last few days, so I think I'll do that today)
3: grilled barbecued chicken kebabs; cheddar, bacon, and scallion cornbread for the guys (I'll have a bite of Art's piece)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: I doubt I'll have time for anything today, but hopefully I'll get some yoga in at some point

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 11/4/18 7:55 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning - I am so excited to NOT drive to work in the dark this week! However, tonight at like 7, I'll be ready for bed since I won't really have adjusted yet.

QOTD: We are not supposed to all work the same days at home, work back to back days at home or work all Mondays or Fridays at home. That, I think, makes it physically impossible for 8 of us to follow the rules. I work alot of Fridays at home and no one has said anything yet so ...until they do.

B: egg, toast, bacon

L: still full from late breakfast so maybe just a snack

D: chicken?

E: will shop and walk, it's becautiful out

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics