Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Wednesday, 10/24/18

VSGmimi2018
on 10/24/18 6:08 pm
VSG on 10/22/18

Thank you so much! It broke my heart to have to sell my supplies and not make glass beads anymore I love to doing it by far my favorite hobby ever.

Ms Shell
on 10/24/18 9:15 am - Hawthorne, CA

QOTD: What is something not many people know about you? My life is pretty transparent, but people actually think I'm an only child but I have 8 other siblings!

All meals will be protein first. Trying to remember the rules and how I ate before. My meals now have more "balance" to them.

1st Up: Coffee w/protein bar
2nd Up: 3 boiled eggs; 3 bacon strips; nectarine
3rd Up: 5oz fish; 3oz zucchni; 2oz rice
4th Up: Wendy's large chili w/cheese

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Kristi T.
on 10/24/18 10:30 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I've always admired people that work with wood, a bird house will be fun to build Mersh! We have a beautiful community orchestra and chorale, have you ever been part of a choir or is that something you would like to do Mersh? Unfortunately they require people to audition for ours, I heard it is really hard to get into.

QOTD-After I retired early from nursing, I went back to school and got a B.S. in Political Science.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-2%Fage with 1/2 pear and chopped almonds

S-Hot Tea

D-Leftover goulash

E-The sun came out so I will take Emmy for a long hike today.

Have a great Wednesday!

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/18 12:03 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I was never part of a choir, never thought of it really! I am hoping any sort of bird house I build is at least Livable for the little guys!

CatLady3401
on 10/24/18 10:31 am
VSG on 09/26/18

QotD: I played sousaphone/tuba for one semester in high school, in my senior year.

Breakfast: protein shake

Snack: Celery stalk with 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, hot ginger lemon tea

Lunch: protein shake

Snack: 1 C black bean soup, homemade

Dinner: eating out for the first time. Half an avocado sandwich probably, or part of a fish fillet.

I'm not losing the weight I thought I would eating this way. In two days I'll be a month out from surgery and I've only lost 4-5 pounds.

HW 382, SW 325, GW 165

SD 9/26/2018

pescetarian

stacyrg
on 10/24/18 11:12 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I know you didn't specifically ask for advice or comment on your menu, but I'm going to give it anyway. For 1 month post op, it looks like your menu is light on protein, heavy on carbs and that may be hindering your loss. If you read the boards here, I think many were eating fewer carbs so soon after surgery and trying to stick to dense protein. I see that you're a pescatarian, but there isn't a lot of fish on your menu. The celery, peanut butter, black bean soup and avocado toast are all high in carbs. You may considering upping your protein and lowering your carbs and see if that increases your loss.

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/18 1:04 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

It's helpful not just for weight loss, but for me early on it helped stop those urges. After surgery, you're still so close to when you used to eat those garbage carbs that eating them made it hard for me to control wanting more. So, while I was good and determined to not eat carbs, I would sit there miserable because I couldn't have them after having just had them. I was a real grump when I wasn't getting my carbs!

Cathy H.
on 10/24/18 7:26 pm, edited 10/24/18 12:26 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Dropped my last college class today...I'm just too damned old for all that work anymore! My brain doesn't work like it used to, so I said enough is enough. I have the credits I needed to apply for my substitute teaching certificate, and that's in the works, so enough of torturing myself already! LOL

QOTD:

1) I sing (no training), as do all of my sisters, and my parents also had great voices (thank you, heredity!)

2) I used to make wedding cakes, but had to give it up because my hands gave out and it was too stressful.

3) I was a dance/house DJ streaming online from 2009-2014. DJ Pink, at your service!! LOL

Haven't felt much like eating today, so meals have been light:

M1: Cheddar cheese, coffee

M2: Chicken w/green beans and butter

M3: 1/4 cup pecans

Water and vites on track

E: No

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active
Recent Topics