Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Sunday, 10/14/18

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/18 8:46 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I love your answer, Annie. It's so perfect.

Kristi T.
on 10/14/18 10:24 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Mersh, I am so sorry! The hospital failed to protect you and the patient last night. I do not blame you for wanting to walk away, but you didn't. I had a patient once that had an extreme reaction to his pain medication, got out of bed met me at the top of a stairwell and punched me in the face. I had never been hit before and it was such a shock. I cried for probably 30 minutes afterward. I do believe you are well within your rights to refuse to be floated back to his room if he is not restrained for his and your safety tonight. Hang in there, I know it is so hard at times. You are an amazing caregiver.

I am feeling sorry for myself adjusting to winter and I have no cause for it given I am not in Florida right now dealing with the aftermath of the horrible storm. I need to put things in better perspective.

QOTD-Look for the little glimpses of beauty in each day, each hour if necessary. Stop, look around or hike to it if I have too. Nature seems to always calm the extreme stress, especially if I think I won't make it.

B-1/3 cup granola and bullet coffee

L-Fage with 1tsp raspberry jam and walnuts

S-Tea, some kind of protein snack

D-Leftover zucchini lasagna

E-short hike with Emmy, moving furniture

I am having the inside of the house pained Revere Pewter and Glacier White trim, it's a mess but it will be well worth it in the end. I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/18 8:45 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you Kristi! I was fine once I decompressed. Crying helped! I was asked to sit with him again tonight and refused.

Winter coming in always gives me the blues. I have already gotten my winter coat out. I need a new on though, so yay shopping!

Most Active
Recent Topics