Lying about VSG - What surgery can I say I had? :D

enjoi50
on 10/2/18 7:33 am

I never lied because telling the truth when people asked allowed me to be honest with myself first and to actually stop living in denial about my weight. If you tell the truth you can build a support system and you will need that on your journey.plus, my mom had told all her friends anyway. There will be some that will try and down play your surgery but those few probably won't be a supporter of you anyway. Tell the truth and good luck.

kairosgrammy
on 10/2/18 10:55 am
RNY on 10/17/17
On September 28, 2018 at 4:49 PM Pacific Time, MissSunshineCo wrote:

Hello!

New to the community.

Surgery date is 10/15/2018 and I'm nervous but very excited.

I don't want to tell everyone that I'm having this surgery, maybe because I'm embarrassed.

Anyone lie about their surgery? Perhaps said they underwent another surgery and was successful at the lie?

Please share!

Why lie? #1, if you are having WLS, you are probably obviously overweight and when you start losing, you will have to say something. I know being obese is hard but admitting that you need medical intervention shouldn't embarrass you and besides, you are doing this for you and other people's opinions are their own. #2 this is your opportunity to be an inspiration to others in your situation. Years of obesity, years of trying to lose weight, initial success followed by failure over and over. I imagine everyone has been there! Seeing your success may help someone else make up their mind about losing weight or having the surgery. Just a thought.

Julia S.
on 10/4/18 9:38 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

When I had the surgery I didn't really tell too many people at work. But since I couldn't really eat lunch out like I used to I've now pretty much told everyone. Now that I've lost 90lbs it's pretty obvious, and I don't go to certain lunch places because I know there is nothing there for me to eat. I work almost exclusively with men and they seldom notice or comment on much. They are mostly sensitive to my new eating habits and usually try to accommodate me.

Your surgeries are your own business. I wouldn't lie (I just don't do it), but you don't have to tell them everything either. Good Luck!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

fabshelly
on 10/8/18 2:58 pm

I'm just telling people rude enough to ask that I'm under a doctor-supervised weight loss program at UCLA. The only person who will have a problem with that is my super-USC-Trojan dad.

Most Active
Recent Topics