Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, September 27, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/18 4:54 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is Friday eve! I hope your week is going well? It was warm and very tropical here yesterday which was nice, but we return to Fall today which I don't mind. Today I have to drive 90 minutes to meet with a lawyer on setting up a trust, but am going to see DD for dinner afterwards which I am looking forward to.

QOTD: How do you like your eggs? I usually eat them scrambled, but if I am having an egg alone I like it sunny side up or poached. I used to eat poached egg on toast all the time, but switched to scrambled with cottage cheese to decrease the carbs and increase the protein after WLS.

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna, pickles and cottage cheese

D: BBQ of some sort (out to dinner with DD)

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Cathy H.
on 9/27/18 6:10 am, edited 9/26/18 11:11 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Happy Thursday, everyone! I hope you're all having a great week. We're enjoying some cooler weather this week, and I'm ready for it! I love Autumn, it's my favorite season. Got a cup of Maple Apple Cider herbal tea in front of me as we speak!

QOTD: I love eggs any way, shape, or form. I loved them fried over easy when I was growing up, but when I was in junior high, I discovered my Dad's favorite--poached eggs on English muffins! I still love poached eggs, but since I gave up grains, now it's just with cheese and avocado, or if I'm feeling nostaligic I'll make keto English muffin (made with almond or coconut flour). Which reminds me...I need more eggs!

B: Yogurt w/crunchy peanut butter, coffee w/cream and xylitol

L: Turkey snack sticks, Swirls cheese sticks, fresh zucchini slices

D: Smoked bratwurst, broccoli with lots of butter

Water and vites on track

E: Walking

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

PCBR
on 9/27/18 6:15 am, edited 9/26/18 11:16 pm

Hi, Liz!

I also think of Thursday as Friday eve. I?ve been tired this week, so the weekend can?t come soon enough.

QOTD: I go through phases with this one. I like a good eggs Benedict. However, I?m a weirdo in that I ask for no runny yolks (started this habit during pregnancy). It also has to be really good eggs Benedict, or none at all. Nowadays if I ordered it, I?d probably ask them to hold the English muffin of switch in tomato slices. My hubs got me a little egg cooker that makes a great poached egg, with almost no effort (uses stream). So even the egg all by itself can be good.

okay, so I rocked meal planning..yesterday. Stayed on plan, kept carbs minimal and under calorie goal. Yay, rotisserie chicken! Here?s the plan for today:

B - 1 scoop of choke + half cup of fairlife skim + coffee

S - Skyrr

L - Curious what you think of ?Realgood? frozen food. I was going to try the pizza today, but I?m a little tenuous because the calories seem high: 240 cals/25g protein per serving (half the pizza). That?s about 30% of daily calories in one go. Do you all look at total calories for your day, or do you look at caloric load by meal at all?

D - Depends on what I decide after lunch!

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/18 9:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have a special poached egg pan. Maybe I should try poached egg on a tomato? I love good eggs Benedict too.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

MissCheri18
on 9/27/18 6:21 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Hope everyone is having a great week! Had a really good visit with my Cardiologist yesterday, he is still super impressed with how I have managed to take great care of my heart over the years even with all these other serious issues, very unusual AND I don't have to go back for a full year! This is a NSV to the max! I also learned some new things about my two heart/BP meds, I knew I was put on a BP med after my brain surgery even though I had no high BP, it was to prevent blushing. I was pretty sure that I'd have to stay on one of the meds for life for that reason and then because I'd had open heart surgery BUT I never knew that one of my heart meds also prevents diabetes related kidney disease! So, what you think you take a certain medication for can actually be the choice for a number of things it can help. I also learned that I should not be in a hurry to stop my heart/BP meds when you are losing wt. your BP will often drop down BUT unless both numbers go well below 100 you should stay on it until you've gone into maintenance because you could need to be put back onto the same dose or an adjusted dose once your insides level out.

QOTD: How do you like your eggs? Well, since my WLS I'd like to say anyway I get them, scrambled, over easy, hard boiled, mini omelets BUT now no matter how I fix them they make me sick to my tummy so now eggs are totally out of my diet. I figure I'll try again in a few months.

Week 13

Water, water, water!

M1: Ocean Spray Cran-Black Cherry, MiraLAX

M2: SF Pumpkin Spice Coffee

M3: Mixed Olives & Cheese Tray

M4: Mini Salad with Turkey chunks tossed in

M5: Lean Deli Roast Beef w/Pepper Jack in a Carb-Counter Wrap

Daily Snack: not likely today

Protein: 69g. Carb: 44g. Fiber: 32g Cal. 633

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

mmsmom
on 9/27/18 6:23 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning - crisp, cool air - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it feels great. Getting ready for a wedding this weekend in Newport RI - tried my dress yesterday and it is tight - across the chest of all places!!!! Running out at lunch to look for something new. Ugh

QOTD: I like eggs but go through periods where they hurt my stomach to digest. Currently, they are digesting fine. I love a fried egg, eggs benedict or scrambled with cheese!

B: 1/2 english with peanut butter and banana

L: packed a lunch today so I can shop!!! Salad with leftover steak

D: IDK, either picking up pizza (1 slice) or blts on lettuce instead of bread

E: shopping at lunch, haha

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/27/18 9:50 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good luck! Having to pick out a dress under duress removes the fun of shopping!

yvonnef1964
on 9/27/18 9:24 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Hope work goes better today. I had 7 crying babies and only supposed to have 4. All I had time to do is changed them and feed them for 2 hours when some started to go home or they fell asleep. Then they sent someone home early. The afternoon boss didn't know why either.

Qotd if eating out scrambled but at home I have it omelette form everyday.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D bbq ribs and broccoli

Have a good day

Gwen M.
on 9/27/18 10:25 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I read your post and thought, "it's friday?! ACK." Things are going well this week, keeping busy, might get to see a high school friend for dinner tomorrow depending on where I'm at with school work.

QOTD: Every which way. I love eggs. :)

1: protein shake
2: leftover sous vide pork tenderloin
3: probably the same thing. Maybe eggs.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running, yoga stretching

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics