Liquid diet ideas

GirlSquadOfOne
on 9/22/18 5:45 pm
VSG on 09/11/18

Ok VSGERS let's hear some great liquid diet ideas. I know I'm already sick of soup and I have a full month of this diet.

RaichelleC0512
on 9/22/18 7:15 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

Is it pre or post-op liquid diet. If you pre-op, I have been using Bariatric Fusion and they have a good selection of flavors. What I have been doing to mix it up a little is putting mine in a blender with ice cubes and water to make a smoothie minus the milk (of course). Hang in there and will when this battle together. I have three more days of it.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/22/18 10:08 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Did your doctor give you a list of things that are OK?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

TripleAxel
on 9/23/18 10:51 am
VSG on 09/20/18

Are you on a full liquid diet? I am, and am allowed protein shakes, strained soup, nonfat yogurt without fruit chunks, nonfat cottage cheese, nonfat ricotta, sugar free pudding or gelatin. Only a few days post-op so haven't tried some of these things yet. Booklet I have says to add only one or two new things per day to see how you tolerate them.

Age 56. HW: 233 SW: 214 VSG 9/20/18, Hosp. of the Univ. of Pennsylvania, Dr. Noel Williams

TheWombat
on 9/23/18 10:52 am
VSG on 06/11/18

If you're pre-op, are you allowed sugar-free gelatin? That helped me keep me sane during the pre-op diet.

GirlSquadOfOne
on 9/23/18 2:09 pm
VSG on 09/11/18

I'm post op on the full liquid diet... my doctor gave me a hand out of examples of full liquids, strained or blended soups, Greek or regular yogurt, sugar free jello, protein shakes.... I was hoping to see some creative yummy soups or liquids that are not cambells cream of broccoli or tomato soup

(deactivated member)
on 9/24/18 11:09 am
VSG on 03/28/17

Miso soup, bone broth, strained fish chowder, herbal tea, homemade popsicles that are a little bit of fruit juice and a lot of water.

Chanelcamp26
on 9/28/18 2:09 pm
VSG on 07/24/18

Udon, ramen, and hot and sour soup strained to just the broth is so good. Nice flavors. Helped me when I was sick of vegetable broth. Share the soup with others so they can eat the noodles and tofu.

snuzyQ
on 9/29/18 7:29 pm

Alright...let's play with our food! Check out "The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes (Yes, every time) by Nikki Massie. She's an RNY 2008 and looks gorgeous today. I've followed up on her suggestions and have purchased and incorporated protein isolate, unflavored whey and Peanut butter powder with excellent results. Torani syrups, too. I made a wonderful chocolate, peanut butter, frozen banana shake using Premier Protein as my base with a few packets of Splenda and it was pure deliciousness. Whizzing in some carbs will lift your spirits and spur on some weight loss. I often add a couple of egg yolks into my shakes to keep my hair and skin vibrant and to add in more protein and a few more calories (120 per shake). Buy some SF Nesquik to get extra chocolate flavor going here. See...we can still have our chocolate!

Some of the suggested shakes use SF pudding mixes with a more liquid result (if that is what your surgeon is after). Try this book. If you have Amazon Prime, they'll get it to you in just a few days. I go for free shipping to keep costs down and settle for the 5 day shipping times. Nikki makes a shake named "Butterfinger" (this'll make you swoon!).

Have low calorie flavored waters or flavor them yourself. I like Smar****er. The electrolytes balance out my system somehow. Experiment with decaffeinated SF teas. Have fun. Though it seems like forever, your liquid phase will soon be over and you'll be on to the next phase. Let's enjoy it as it unfolds.

Gwen M.
on 9/30/18 5:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You're giving very bad advice to those who have had surgery - "whizzing in some carbs" is not useful.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Recent Topics