Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, September 21, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/21/18 5:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! The sun is out which makes me feel much better! No, I could never live in Seattle or Portland OR (where my mother came from and BIL lives).

What are you up to today or this weekend? Today is yoga and maybe taking Justice to a dog friendly beach and having a picnic there That's the current idea anyway. We may go to an Irish festival either tomorrow or Sunday. DH loves Irish music and a friend's daughter is performing there tomorrow afternoon.

QOTD: What was your first job? Mine was working in a local ice cream place when I was 14 or 15 (I had to get a work permit because I was under 16). The owner worked us like dogs - when we weren't scooping we had to be cleaning and no chatting allowed. The ice cream was great quality so incredibly hard to scoop and I had blisters all over my hands and super sore arms. All for minimum wage (possibly less - it wasn't much). I lasted about 2 weeks. Maybe my hands would have hardened and my arms gotten used to the work, but it was not even a spec of fun for little money so it was not worth it.

2 Years, 5.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 21.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Chicken

D: Pork or shrimp

S: meat stick or pork rinds

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 9/21/18 5:33 am, edited 9/20/18 11:52 pm - Woburn, MA

Good morning. I'm having the busiest week! I had my work off-site M-Th and last night I went on my monthly night out with the local girls. We rotate and each plan the night out. One of my friends works at a local apple farm and took us there last night to pick in the orchards while they were closed. OMG, it was so fun!!! Then we went out to a nice dinner. I am staying home tonight - I am exhausted and apple picking again with the kids tomorrow. Sunday I have tickets to Hamilton. Fun-filled times!

QOTD: I forgot to add this! I worked at the supermarket (Star Market) for 7 years, where I met my husband - who was a coworker's brother.

B: 1/2 bagel with peanut butter and banana

S: apple I picked last night!

L: salad with turkey

D: maybe some chicken? haven't planned ahead

E: walk for sure, it's cool and nice

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

PCBR
on 9/21/18 6:49 am, edited 9/21/18 12:29 am

Hi, Liz!

It will be sunny here, too. However, I?d love for it to be cool and gloomy. There has definitely been a long term climate trend toward hotter/drier/longer where I live. Now it feels like we are 80-88 degrees and sunny almost alll year round. We?ve pumpkin picked on days so hot that we had to stave off dehydration.

QOTD: I think my first ?real? job was at a small book store. It was alright, if not a bit boring. When I got there, the books were so disorganized that I at least had fun getting them all back in order. Also, it was my first lesson that people were basically animals lol. There was a weird part of the job where, rather than return unsold paperback, we had to rip off the covers and throw the book in the dumpster. Guessing that shipping back was more expensive than it was worth. Still that seemed so very wrong. Why not donate them and get a reciept to send back to the publisher or distributor. Also, the managers were jerks. It was good when I left them behind to start college.

16 weeks out:

B - 1 scoop of choke + coffee + fairlife skim

S - orange and ginger siggis skyr

L - I?ll need to buy.

D - probably lunch leftovers

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

MissCheri18
on 9/21/18 6:54 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Oh Liz I agree about the upper West Coast, having lived in that area, way too much wet and gloom! Lol - sounds like fun going to the Irish Festival I love things like that, I have a granddaughter that dances and puts on shows in an Irish Dance Troupe... she is so good and I loved when I was up north and got to go to one of their shows! The music is awesome too but then again I'm ¾ 2nd generation Irish American so kind of grew up with it. LOL

QOTD: What was your first job? Besides being the neighborhood babysitter. I got my work permit at 14 and went to work at a Cubby's Restaurant as a carhop!

Week 12

Water, water, water!

M1: SF Peppermint Mocha Coffee

M2: Egg Carb Counter Wrap

M3: Sweet Kale Chopped Salad w/Chunk Turkey and Flax Seed

M4: Pork-Butterfly Chop, Avocado

M5: Lean Hamburger patty (MAYBE)

Daily Snack: not likely today

Protein: 66g. Carb: 58g. Fiber: 21g Cal. 763

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

yvonnef1964
on 9/21/18 7:55 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have to work on my online classes for work that has to be done by September 30. It's required by the state. Will go visit my dad on Sunday afternoon since it's been a few weeks since I seen him. He sounded depressed yesterday on the phone.

Qotd nurses aide at 16. It was a real life experience at that age. I worked there for 7 years before trying something new. It gave me the understanding of illnesses and dying process. Also helped me understand when my grandma had cancer and she didn't know who I was at the end, a year earlier.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L potluck at work

D support group, if it's carb loaded then a protein bar

Have a good day

Jess Says Yes
on 9/21/18 8:44 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! I just finished a fitness class called XTR 1000 that was so intense I had to talk myself out of leaving the whole time and was shaking by the end. Whew! I thought I knew what a workout was. During the class I swore I would never return but now that the post-workout endorphins are kicking in I'm reconsidering lol! We are keeping two of my nephews for the weekend so we're going to be doing fun stuff with them.

QOTD: When I was 12 I started babysitting for a family friend (she had a four-year-old and a new baby). I babysat them every Saturday for four years. Once I turned 16 I got a job at a local country restaurant called lizard's Thicket. Our dresses matched the curtains and everything they cooked was either deep-fried or covered in gravy! I worked there for two years.

B - coffee & protein

S - protein bar

L - yogurt & almonds

D - turkey tortellini soup

E - XTR 1000 torture

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/18 11:43 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! I am quite tired. I work tonight, but haven't gotten a ton of sleep since the people next door are having a bunch of work done. I can't be too upset considering it was morning to late morning when most people are up. Am hoping maybe I can take a bit of a nap before work, but we will see.

QOTD: My first job was at 15 or 16. I worked for my uncle, I set up a system in Excel to keep track of money owed by the accounts that worked with his business.

Most Active
Recent Topics