Gas pressure, air bubbles, pain

Ckvsg0917
on 9/20/18 6:32 pm
VSG on 09/17/18
  • I'm 3 days post op vsg surgery and I totally know what you're going through! I've also been told to walk it off. It gets a lil bit better by each day. Today wasn't so bad with the gas pains but its def still there. Good luck!
Neeters
on 9/20/18 9:35 pm
VSG on 09/17/18

Thanks, same to you! AND we had our procedures on the same day!

Ckvsg0917
on 9/21/18 8:29 am
VSG on 09/17/18

Awesome!!! Day 4! My tummy seems sore....like my actual stomach haha. How r u feeling!?

Neeters
on 9/22/18 3:27 pm
VSG on 09/17/18

I have been struggling to get my fluids in. Gas pressure has gotten better, but still happens when I sip. Like it gets stuck?? How about you? How are you feeling? Are your insicions starting to feel itchy?

Today is the best day so far and it's 5pm and I'm at 44 fluid ounces. That's the most I've been able to get in so far. I had just been able to only tolerate water and a couple ounces of protien shake, however, today I have had 16 ounces of sugar free orange Gatorade and I think it's making me "feel" hungry? I haven't had any desire for food or anything up until now, and the hunger sensation is back. I was hoping to be rid of it forever. So, my question is...the Gatorade flavor was orange (not my first choice but the selection was limited for sugar free). I am wondering if it is true hunger or is it possible the orange Gatorade could have effected the stomach acids to rise and produce a hunger sensation?

This is all new to me, so I have no clue. All I know is right now I feel hungry, for the first time, and I'm worried, because I have another week left on clear liquid diet.

Ckvsg0917
on 9/24/18 9:29 am
VSG on 09/17/18

I'm glad you're doing better! Omg yes they're itching so bad! I itch them while I'm sleeping lol. I'm feeling good, going with less pain meds and I'm thinking about taking a small walk this afternoon. You're doing good on your fluids! Yesterday I got in 60 ozs and was proud of myself haha. Today is the 1st day on my full liquids! I've bought some soups. Found one at Trader Joe's that has butternut squash, pumpkin and tomato! I'm looking forward to it. I had to call my Drs office because they didn't put on the list how many ozs of soup to start at.

With you feeling hungry maybe its acid? Are you taking a pill for it? I've heard that once you take those it helps with the hunger feeling. My dr prescribed omeprazole for me.

Keep chugging those liquids! Good luck and have a good day!

Most Active
Recent Topics