Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday September 17, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/17/18 3:04 pm, edited 9/17/18 8:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We used to have those bonding experiences at my former company too. My favorite place to stay was the Copley Plaza.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 9/18/18 3:13 am - Woburn, MA

we are at the copley marriott - close to all the shopping!

VSG on 04/28/2014

PCBR
on 9/17/18 6:12 am, edited 9/17/18 6:14 am

Hi, Liz! Nice to see you back. Hope you can have some nice, long rests. I?m sorry it was a rough go with DH, but I admire your toughness and am glad you had a good trip. Maybe when you feel less exhausted, you can share with us some pics and high points?

QOTD: Well, since mail, camera, wallet, message, calendar and safari all came loaded on my phones OS (vs me buying on the App Store) I?m going to cheat and not count those among my three. So, I?d say..wow. This is really hard. Among those things from the App Store: Amazon, Spotify, and Ring. If I?m going to Disneyland, the Disneyland app would replace Amazon, since a day at Dland would be unmanageable without it. I?d let Facebook go. Even though I use it a lot, I suspect I?d be fine?maybe even happier?without it.

3.5 months or so out:

B - Chike shake with fairlife skim, roasted cinnamon and ice

S - Skyr or cheese slicE

L - Attempted some chicken with store-bought tikka masala simmer sauce last night. It didn't turn out so tikka masala like (more just like tomato sauce, even though I tried to add some garam masala to liven it up. I?ll eat it anyway.

D - ??

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/18 7:16 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I have tried several tikka masala simmer sauces and I run into the same thing. It tastes like tomato sauce. The only jarred sauce like that I really like has been the Jalfrezi curry summer sauce from our Aldi's. It's amazing.

PCBR
on 9/17/18 1:12 pm

Thanks! I'll look out for it. No Aldi's by me, but it seems one can find almost anything online. I bet Trader Joe's might have a good one. This one was from Whole Foods and had good reviews on Prime Now. I'm puzzled that people were into it. It's so bland!

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

yvonnef1964
on 9/17/18 8:00 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Welcome back Liz! Enjoyed your pictures on Facebook of your trip. Loved the one of the Effifel Tower when it's sparkling.

Sorry I've been missing for a month. I couldn't get logged in until I got ahold of corporate office to straighten it out.

They were giving me full time hours at work and it was affecting my depression and not getting enough sleep. They finally got it straightened out and plus I had my doctor increase my antidepressant so I'm starting to feel better. Now if I can get exercising again. Last time I exercised was the end of July.

Qotd GasBuddy, speedway and McDonald's app for my coffee purchases

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D keto low carb lasagna and broccoli

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 9/17/18 3:23 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

MissCheri18
on 9/17/18 8:14 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All! Liz great to see you back! Glad you had a good time but sorry DH had issues hopefully he will get his feet under him again now that he is home.

QOTD: If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep? WOW, well I would keep my Facebook it is my main contact with my children (4) and grandchildren (7) they share pictures and videos and just stuff in their worlds (MANY miles away) My fitness Pal and hmm, my medical page so I can see test results, appts. Etc.

Week 12

Water, water, water!

M1: Ocean Spray Cran-Black Cherry, MiraLAX

M2: SF Pumpkin Spice Coffee

M3: Homemade Turkey Breast, Green Beans, Herb & Garlic Goat Cheese

M4: Texas Chili, Boston Roast

Daily Plain Greek Yogurt & SF Orange Marmalade

Protein: 78g. Carb: 20g. Cal. 576

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Jess Says Yes
on 9/17/18 10:17 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Liz your trip sounds amazing! You definitely deserve some rest and recovery time.

Hi everyone. Hurricane Florence took it somewhat easy on SC, but I'm still glad we went upstate for the weekend. We had a wonderful time. Kids are finally back to school today.

QOTD: My web browser would allow me to access most things (Instagram, email, weather, etc) so I'd keep that, my music app, and my camera!

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds, protein bar

D - turkey tortellini soup

E - Body Pump (trying out a new gym today so we'll see how it goes!)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Teresa G.
on 9/17/18 1:00 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Liz, so glad to see you're back! I missed you. I'm sorry that DH regressed and made it more difficult for you, but it sounds like you saw some really marvelous things while you were gone! So tell me, did you have some croissants in Paris? I could just see myself, I'd eat my way through the city, like I did in Tokyo! Of course, the portions in Tokyo and apparently in Paris too are much smaller, so it would be ok, as long as I walked from one cafe to the next. Heehee!

QOTD: If you had to delete all but 3 apps from your smartphone, which ones would you keep?
I'm not too dependent on the apps on my phone, and I'm going to cheat like PC did and not count the ones that were pre-loaded. So I guess I'd keep Poshmark, my Bluelink and SparkPeople. Since I'll have the pre-loaded browser, I can get to just about anything else I'd need from there.

B: Premier protein, 1 egg, 1 wedge laughing cow

L: Halibut and homemade tarter

S: Baby Cucumbers, sauteed shrooms or yogurt

D: Pork tenderloin, steamed cauliflower

S: Cottage cheese or yogurt (if I didn't eat the yogurt earlier)

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active
Recent Topics