High Protein Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

califsleevin
on 9/9/18 9:49 pm, edited 9/9/18 2:50 pm - CA

I would consider this to be something of a "special use" item rather than something kept around for everyday use - something that one would make to share with others at a dinner or pot luck event. For that use, one can volunteer to provide the dessert and provide something that is relatively bariatric friendly rather than have someone else provide a typical fat pill dessert.

While the 10g protein per 100 calories rule of thumb that we often use is a reasonable metric for a protein oriented food, not everything in our diet needs to be a protein, even during loss phase. Other than solo meat, few of our dishes meets that metric these days - and they don't have to as long as the basic protein needs are met (my typical numbers now are more like 5g per 100 cal overall, or 20%)

Assuming its' special occasion usage, this isn't bad. As for carbs, assuming one cares about such things, this is one of those applications where low carb is often worse calorically than a regular composition food, though this one is probably a wash.

I do something similar with making a cheesecake for our anniversary - with just a bit of tweaking, its only a little more caloric than our normal evening snack, and a little lower protein, but for an annual thing, it's quite reasonable - but it's not an everyday type of food.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

peachpie
on 9/10/18 3:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Even this train of thought is dangerous for me. I could think of a million absurd reasons to designate an other wise standard occasion as 'special,' giving reason to eat said "special use" food.

Oh, it's the first day of fall. 'Special'

Oh, it's the first day it feels like fall! 'Special'

oh, we're having an Indian summer. 'Special'.

Oh, it's peak leaf color changing. 'Special'

oh, it's thanksgiving! 'Special'

I get this is my issue- but I know I'm not alone. And I'd have darn good intentions to share -- but I'd be kidding myself in that regard to.

I'm happy with a life of not baking- and bringing store bought, fat/sugar laden goodies to functions if needed- cause at least I won't be wearing that crap on my hips under the pretense of 'special'.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/10/18 8:32 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I absolutely agree. I can convince myself that I deserve a special treat-- or a whole loaf of them-- for pretty much any good reason.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/10/18 11:20 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Sept 12 is National Video Games Day. The 13th is National Peanut Day.

September 15 is National Double Cheeseburger Day.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/september/

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/18 4:29 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Chocolate pumpkin bread sounds delicious.

Most Active
Recent Topics