Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday 9/8/18

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/18 4:09 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good Morning! It's been an insane night tonight. All of the patient care techs in the whole hospital are in one on one observations. The man I am with has dementia. I have sat with him many tines before, but they gave him a new medication. He has been hallucinating all night and just crawling up the walls. Aggressive, mean, nothing like I have seen. Another woman punched her tech and broke a computer and a third has done wildly inappropriate things in front of his. On top of all the craziness there have been alarms going off all night long. My head is spinning.

QOTD: What's going on for you all this weekend? Any plans?

Breakfast- Sausage and eggs

Lunch- Turkey meatballs, cauliflower rice, turkey gravy

Dinner- crunchy PB and celery with cottage cheese

Snacks- premier protein drink

kamac
on 9/8/18 5:35 am
VSG on 07/09/18

Morning! I usually post over on the Ontario menu thread, but it runs Mon-Fri so I thought I'd post here today, if that's okay. It helps me focus and stay on track.

mershmellow, that sounds like a crazy, tiring night. You hospital peeps work so hard, especially healthcare workers caring for patients (and especially difficult patients!). You've got my respect and admiration.

QOTD: Today is going to be a family day at my parents' house; we're all just going to hang out together, enjoy each other's company, and have fun with my sister's kids. Sunday I'll be helping my mom out with some chores, and spending time with her. I'm also focusing on getting back on my food plan, cooking for next week, and catching up on sleep.

Food:

Breakfast: Protein shake (Naked Goat protein powder, 1 tbsp whipping cream, cold brewed coffee, crushed ice, SF Torani syrup)

Lunch: 3oz mozzarella (there's going to be pizza today, I'm going to scrape off the cheese) and 33g Genoa salami

Dinner: 2oz grilled chicken breast

Calories: 619; Protein: 70g; Carbs: 7.2g; Fat: 33.2g

(Not great, I need to get my protein back up to 90-100g. But after a tough week, it's a start.)

Kara
Highest Weight: 420; Opti Starting Weight: 395; Surgery Weight: 371;
Current Weight: 322.1; Goal Weight: 160

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/18 6:02 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you, that's very sweet of you to say!

Of

course it's okay for you to post here, we love to have you :)

Inhope you have a ton of fun with your family and I especially hope you catch up on sleep. I feel like I am always behind on it.

kamac
on 9/8/18 2:17 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Thanks, mersh! Hope you had a good day and got lots of rest.

Kara

"Find things beautiful as much as you can, most people find too little beautiful."
-Vincent Van Gogh

PCBR
on 9/8/18 9:16 am

Sounds like a fun day! Is your family excited for all your progress?

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

kamac
on 9/8/18 2:20 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

They are. They've been supportive of me throughout this entire process. I'm a very lucky gal.

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

Gwen M.
on 9/8/18 9:14 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay Saturday. I've had an exhausting week and I'm looking forward to a somewhat relaxing weekend. Well.. a not super scheduled weekend. Which leads into the QOTD!

QOTD: This morning I went to parkrun (weekly free 5k race) and I actually beat my fastest 5k time by THREE WHOLE MINUTES. That was unexpected and awesome! I need to video record an introduction for one of my classes today and I need to submit a topic for my final for that class as well. I also have a few replies for both classes, but those are relatively easy in the scheme of things. I hope to spend more time working on my great "sleeve and rebox all the Fantasy Flight Games" project... which is more annoying than I thought it would be since FFG has a lot of differently sized cards. I'm hoping that Art and I might get in a scenario of Arkham Horror: The Card Game this afternoon as well. Tomorrow Lance and I are going to see Searching. I think those are all of my plans! Well, aside from things like laundry, replying to a few emails, and other random tasks. I need a not very scheduled weekend.

1: protein shake
2: leftover steak taco filling
3: sous vide lamb shanks

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running (parkrun 5k, best 5k time ever!)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

kamac
on 9/8/18 2:24 pm
VSG on 07/09/18

Congrats on the 5K!

Kara

-Vincent Van Gogh

PCBR
on 9/8/18 9:27 am

Just wow, mersh! Hey, I just had a thought. You've said that you're often in boring observations. And you're an artist. Did you ever think of sketching your patients (with their permission of course)?

QOTD: House cleaning, bday party. I've been flirting with getting sick all week (ie, start to feel like I'm about to get everyone's cold, then rally back, then feel sick again). It was also a crap week at work. Boss being really nit picky and nasty. Tired!

at just over 3 months out:

B - isopure + coffee + pb2 + ice shake

S - cheese slices or skyrr

L - we will see what's at the bday party. I have a feeling there will be protein choices. If worse comes to worse, I'll be scraping cheese off of pizza

D - Maybe I'll make a sausage and lentil stew in the IP

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/18 2:16 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I do take my sketchbook with me! I'm horrible at people though. My niche has always been birds lol, probably because they are my favorite. If I practiced people it could get better. It's not a bad idea, but hipaa laws can get so convoluted, so probably shouldn't! For when things are dead and they're asleep, I have a book, also my phone for netflix, thank goodness.

Most Active
Recent Topics