Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, August 31, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/31/18 5:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. It has finally cooled off to more seasonal temperatures and humidity this morning. The AC is off and the doors are open! Good thing, as I have a lot of packing to do for our trip tomorrow. Which brings me to the QOTD:

QOTD: If you could travel anywhere including multiple destinations (money, time off from work, and good pet care are no problem) where would you go, how would you get there and how long would you go (you can't stop at home at any point)? I would probably fly to Europe, do a Mediterranean river cruise, stay in Greece for a few days in a home, go to Tuscany for a few days and stay on a villa, fly back Sedona and go to the Grand Canyon and finally fly home. My total trip would not exceed a month as I would want to be back to my home by then.

2 Years, 5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 21 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Leftover halibut

S: cottage cheese and/or ostrich meat stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

PCBR
on 8/31/18 6:01 am

Hi, Liz

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

QOTD: This is a toughie. My next big trip goal is Iceland. Iceland straddles two tectonic plates, which makes for some astounding geological features. Since money is not an issue, I'd try for winter and attempt to see the northern lights (though I hear this can be hit or miss). Since I'm in a hiking mood, I might then zip down to New Zealand. Then back to the U.S. to hit some National Parks, including Bryce and Zion. I'm not as outdoorsy as this may make me sound, but my favorite vacations have involved plenty of walking and hiking. Some of the best stuff to see can't be accessed by car, after all.

12 wks out:

B - coffee, fairlife 2%, isopure

L - chicken and cheese slices

D - ??

S - ??

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

mmsmom
on 8/31/18 6:28 am - Woburn, MA

Omg i hate that I'm responding on my phone but here goes for qotd: fly to Italy, see all the tourist places, cruise to Greece, fly to Paris for a week, stop at aruba for the last week, then home. I'm ready tho go, lol

B. Egg, bacon, English

L. Leftover beach pizza

S. Corn on Cob

D. fred chicken thigh

Planning on some better eating once I'm home. Luckily the scale is holding steady

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/31/18 1:46 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We have similar tastes!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

AnnieG522
on 8/31/18 7:27 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Wish the cooler weather would come our way! Still humid and scorching.

QOTD: If you could travel anywhere including multiple destinations (money, time off from work, and good pet care are no problem) where would you go, how would you get there and how long would you go (you can't stop at home at any point)? Boat to Spain - Zaurautz, Barcelona, Rejoha, Madrid, The pilgrimage; then ferry to Ireland, Isle of Man, drive all over, then cruise to west coast of US and drive back across after visiting all my family. (I don't fly)

Food -

B: Oikos Yogurt

L: Bento box

D: Ham & cheese on multigrain

S: Yogurt/Cottage Cheese

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Teresa G.
on 8/31/18 12:45 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Ostrich meat, Liz? That sounds intriguing - I must find some to try!

I've gone back to my pre-op diet to get my head back into the right space. I was grazing far too often, and going over my calorie goals far too often. Not junky food, still kept my carbs down but I was getting way too much. The pre-op diet (Liquid, one meal a day with 4 oz protein and veggies if room) is so much easier for me to follow. I'm feeling much more optimistic and determined. I'm not sure how long I'll stay on it...I have the OH conference in early October and want to wear a couple of things (costume and formal) that could stand to be just a wee bit less tight. LOL Then I have a masquerade ball a couple weeks later and have an amazing flapper outfit to wear. Goal!

QOTD: If you could travel anywhere including multiple destinations (money, time off from work, and good pet care are no problem) where would you go, how would you get there and how long would you go (you can?t stop at home at any point)?
I would fly to Switzerland and tour there and Austria, then to Croatia. Then I would fly to Athens, Greece and check that out, along with Thessaloniki. Then I would rent a huge luxury yacht, fly some of my friends over and we'd set off on a long cruise...first Italy...Naples, Pompeii and Rome, then on to Nice and Marseille (France). We'd then head to Spain stopping off at the island of Palma, then on to Valencia and Barcelona. We'd continue down the coast of Spain and through the strait of Gibralter, and then up to coast to Lisbon, Portugal. Lots of stops along the way, of course. I'd be gone as long as it took, at a meandering pace. Oh, what a beautiful fantasy!

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/18 1:23 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

A masquerade ball? That sounds like a lot of fun! You'll have to take lots of pictures to show us.

Teresa G.
on 8/31/18 1:57 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

It should be fun. The Secretary of State puts it on every year to raise money for charity. This is the 7th year they've done it and it is the major fundraiser of the year for the Combined Fund Drive. I'm volunteering for much of it, first selling drink tickets in the Secretary of State's office, then the silent auction in the Governor's office. I volunteered to do it mainly because I'm not drinking and much of the food that will be there are things I won't eat. But I'll still get to roam around some and get some photos! It's quite the hoity-toity event!

Teresa (WA State)

Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/31/18 1:55 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow, I might have to come on that trip with you!

Ostrich was an auto-correction from "Ostrim". I couldn't figure out at first why you thought I was eating ostrich (LOL)!

I went to the conference last year. I enjoyed the sessions but was surprised that there weren't many people I knew from online OH there. In fact, many of the participants didn't know that OH had an online presence. But I did meet up with one person who I knew from the forums and she has since joined me in the VSG maintenance group. I really enjoyed that!

Btw, When I want to de-carb, I skip the liquids and do this: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/6031371/CAMAW-AMAW-Sta rts-Monday-3-5/

Teresa G.
on 8/31/18 2:03 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

If money is no object, I'll fly you out to join me on the cruise, Liz!

I love the link! Are you going to do another challenge like that? I don't think I'm actually de-carbing since my grazing didn't include many carbs. Most that I had during my graze-a-thon were in the form of fruit or protein bars.

I seem to currently be doing the CAMAW plan. Today is the 6th day!

Teresa (WA State)

Most Active
Recent Topics