Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, August 27, 2018

MissCheri18
on 8/27/18 7:30 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All... Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

QOTD: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A one point a Nun (and nope we aren't Catholic), at another point a Lawyer and a mom (which canceled out the Nun). I did become a paralegal for a bit, and now am a counselor specializing in death & dying.

Week 9

Water, water, water!

M1: Ocean Spray Diet Cran-Grape Juice

M2: Pumpkin Spice Coffee (made w/ Half & Half and Skinny Syrup Pumpkin Pie Spice)

M3: Tri-Color Coleslaw w/Peach Pineapple Chipotle Salsa, Boneless skinless Chicken stir-fried in KerryGold

M4: Assorted Olive Bar & Finger Pepper stuffed w/cheese & prosciutto.

M5: Daisy LF Cottage cheese and Boneless Skinless Chicken breast

M6: Not sure possibly Apple Slices and String Cheese

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Melody P.
on 8/27/18 7:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Dealing with a sore throat from reflux. Waiting for a call back from the doctors office. Today will be bland stuff only. Shakes and such. No coffee or caffeine.

QOTD: I wanted to be in the army like my grandpa and command a battalion of tanks. As I grew older I knew my anarchist ways wouldn't mix well with taking orders. Then I wanted to be a history teacher. Again the older I grew the more I realized kids and me don't mix all to well. I love kids but I like my alone time way to much.

B:protein shake

L: protein shake

D: yogurt

Mel

GrammySusan
on 8/27/18 3:42 pm, edited 8/27/18 8:42 am

Hello everyone,

I had a blast at Splash Kingdom in Redlands (just over one hour from home). I wore my modest suit and a lightweight white sweater to keep the sun off as i burn easily. I felt NORMAL! It was wonderful! I paddled a lot and walked in the water a lot after grandkids and really enjoyed being so active.

QOTD: I wanted to be a kindergarten teacher but had no money for college so my dream was tucked away and i worked office jobs. In 1981, when my son started kindergarten in a private school I volunteered there. Soon i was asked to take the training courses and was hired to teach their K through 3rd grade combo class. I continued to teach school-age and Pre-K, my favorite, until i had to stop in 2008 due to a disability. But I never really stopped because by then i was helping my grandson with his school work and now the 2 year old as well. God is good!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/28/18 5:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

A wonderful transition to end up doing what you love!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Cathy H.
on 8/27/18 4:55 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

Went to the 3rd new orthopod today since mine retired, and I think I finally found a keeper!! Got cortisone shots in both knees, and in a couple of months he's going to take a look at my hips and right shoulder...all which need shots as well, I think! Gotta love my cortisone...in a couple of days I'll be able to move normally again. Just in time for all the walking required when I go to the St Louis Art Museum this coming Saturday, to see the Sunken Cities: Egypt's Lost World Exhibit before it leaves on Sep 9th! I'm so excited...pus SLAM has 4 original Monets, including one of the Water Lilies paintings...my favorite painter and I'm even more excited to see them up close and personal!!!

QOTD: I wanted to be a scientist...right up until I got a D in high school Chemistry! LOL Ended up in clerical work for 17 years, got an OJT job in computers, was running a computer lab and world-wide military engineering help desk when I retired. All in all, not bad!!

M1: Jack In The Box Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger, no bun, iced coffee

M2: Yogurt w/crunchy peanut butter

Got a late start today so probably only a snack later on tonight, maybe some cheese sticks.

Water and vites on track

E: Tabled until my knees are better

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/28/18 5:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

That's great that the cortisone works so well for you. Many of my friends couldn't manage without it.

I loved Math and Science as a kid and was a Math Major in college, but I did NOT like Chemistry. It could have been the teacher and all the memorization of tables? I always hated memorization - I liked to think logically and look up stuff like dates and tables.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Cathy H.
on 8/28/18 5:32 am, edited 8/27/18 10:33 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

For me it was the hypotheses that did me in! That's when I discovered abstract thinking was not my forte! I also cheated my way through Geometry in 11th grade and I'm not ashamed to admit it (my older sister had the same class and instructor the hour before me and would pass me the answers in the hall...I changed enough to pull a C! *grinz)....theorems would not compute for me. I finally told the teacher once, "Give me x, and I'm all over it...but give me "if" and I have no freaking idea what you're talking about!!" LOL And I have not used the Pythagorean theorem ONCE since high school, so there ya go!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active
Recent Topics