Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, August 27, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/27/18 5:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Welcome to Monday! I hope you all had a fun, relaxing and/or productive weekend? Mine was fun (out with friends Friday, all-day wedding Saturday and Neighborhood BBQ Sunday). So I'm paying the price with my weight which though still under goal is at a post-WLS all time high. I'm feeling fat...

QOTD: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a doctor because I was intrigued with all medical issues. I decided against it when I visited a few people in the hospital and it frightened me. I ultimately got over my fear as an adult and might have done well in the medical field as it still intrigues me, but we will never know!

2 Years, 5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 21 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad or deli chicken

D: Leftover veal

S: cottage cheese or Chomps

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

AnnieG522
on 8/27/18 5:18 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Monday in retirement is sort of a regular day, except we sometimes make appointments! But today my granddaughter, Marilyn, turns 8 and is starting a new school. Hope her mum takes pictures.

Our weekend was good - time with friends, helping one with an adult child issue and breakfast out. I think (change that to know) my weight is up a bit today - combination of salt & carbs being up.

QOTD: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Once I found out girls were not allowed to be rodeo clowns (seriously), I wanted to be a pathologist. Nerdy girl with microscope at 6. I did start out pre med, but could not at college age take the relentless hazing of females by males in med track. So, using logic, switched to theater (costume design). I did end up working in the mental health field, and its all been an interesting journey.

11.5 months out, still below goal but at 126 this morning (21.46 BMI)

1st B: Premier protein in coffee with a touch of sugar free pumpkin syrup

B: Eggs, cottage cheese, and bacon

L: Fat free turkey chili w cheese, maybe some homemade jerky

D: Homemade meatballs sans pasta

AND what are "Chomps"?

May you all have a day of good adventures!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/27/18 5:34 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I know what you mean about weekends not being the same since retirement. Though I do find that we do more socializing because of the availability of other people who are not retired yet.

Chomps are meat sticks - I actually have Ostrim meat sticks right now, but wrote Chomps by mistake.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Gwen M.
on 8/27/18 5:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Art and I are heading home from Canada in a few hours after a lovely, long, anniversary weekend here.

QOTD: A horse. Then a veterinarian. Then a psychologist. Then a CIA code breaker. I think that's all of my career goals between ages 0 and 18. :)

1: pastrami, parmesan cheese (I can't wait to get home to my protein shakes.)
2: no idea
3: no idea

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nothing formal

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/27/18 1:12 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I like the horse! My son wanted to be a dog when he was quite small. He called himself Woofie and would sit in the dog crate or attach himself to the dog run. Many LOLs!

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/18 6:10 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Am out with my friend helping her buy groceries. It makes for a long day after working 12 hours, but she's worth it! I am a little grumpy because I left my turkey sandwich and cottage cheese at home. I had been so great about nailing my calorie goal the last two days so I hated missing my lunch I will try to make up those calories today so I can stop losing weight. I am already 11 lbs under my goal which is not comfortable for me.

QOTD: I wanted to be a painter! I love water colors and applied to the Kansas City Art Institute. I'm glad they didn't accept me because that would have been a debt I could never repay.

Todays menu will be up in the air. I don't have a big planned one which isn't good since that will mean I will barely eat. Am going to make sure to not do that though and instead go to my fall back meals.

Breakfast- 2 egg omelette with cheese

Lunch- I will have the turkey sandwich and cottage cheese I left at home!

Dinner- Beef stew!

Snacks- Colby jack stick, turkey sausage sticks

Not sure of calorie breakdowns yet, will edit once I can put it into MFP

PCBR
on 8/27/18 6:16 am, edited 8/27/18 2:05 am

Hi, Liz, et al!

The weekend was way too short. I?m tired this morning. Didn?t sleep well, which is typical for me on Sunday.

Despite some good, steady loss this week, I?m trying something new: not weighing every day. Now, I know lots are averse to that practice. I personally found it interesting. It put me in touch with info about what different fods and activities did to my WL. It also helped me say ?No? to certain temptation foods. That all being said, it does get to a level of navel-gazing?so let?s see how Saturday only weighing goes.

B - isopure, 2% fairlife, coffee

L - leftover ham and cheese quiche from the farmers market

D - Going to a gathering. Luckily, the hostess is a WLS veteran, so I know there will be protein choices.

S - skyr or string cheese or a bit of meat loaf (if I can figure out how to heat it in a way that doesn?t make it rubbery or gross

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/27/18 1:15 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I didn't start weighing daily until maintenance and it is the first time in my life that I've done that. When I was still losing I weighed once a month on my surgiversary.

jacreasy
on 8/27/18 6:56 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Hi-

I am 6 years out so my day is pretty normal looking food wise. I can eat about 1 cup of food depending on what Im eating.

B- Egg beaters, 1/2 sirloin steak, greek yogurt

S1- 1 cup of watermelon

L-Cream of chicken with broc, cheese & SF jello

S2- Greek yogurt, string cheese, cucumber slices

D-Turkey burger w/ slice cheese, green beans

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

mmsmom
on 8/27/18 7:01 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, still out glamping. Waiting for the expected heat.

Qotd: a news reporter. Day I of college they told us not to expect success... thanks!! Switched major to bs in speech...yea, that's useful. I think 50% of my daughters graduating class was going to be a dr, including her... i only know of 1 who is ac tually in med school. She bowed out after o chem.

B. Egg, sausage about 1/3 English

L. Hot dog?

D. Chicken, peppers, onions

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active
Recent Topics