Getting time off work for this PRIVATE procedure

NCMTNEER13
on 8/13/18 10:47 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Great approach on dealing with co-workers when they commented on your weight loss!!

Ontario_Girl
on 8/13/18 10:17 am - Canada

Just a little tip, it will be good for anyone to let someone know at work they have had stomach surgery. What happens if you get suddenly sick (heaven forbid with a complication) at work, no one will know how to help you or what to say to emergency responders. I had a friend who had a sudden hypoglycemia episode and thankfully his boss was aware of his surgery and was able to help him right away.

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

Ontario_Girl
on 8/13/18 10:51 am - Canada

Just a little tip, it will be good for anyone to let someone know at work they have had stomach surgery. What happens if you get suddenly sick (heaven forbid with a complication) at work, no one will know how to help you or what to say to emergency responders. I had a friend who had a sudden hypoglycemia episode and thankfully his boss was aware of his surgery and was able to help him right away.

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

LoseBig
on 8/14/18 9:24 am
VSG on 08/09/18

I took 2 days off. Thursday (surgery day) and Friday. The following week I am working from home. Thankfully my job allows this.

I told some people at my job about what surgery I was having but I didn't advertise it to everyone. I am neither embarrassed nor ashamed by getting the surgery done. I honestly don't care what people think about this. It is a personal choice.

I was self-pay since my insurance has a specific exclusion against WLS. I cashed in a smaller 401K to fund the operation.

Lapband: 2008

revision to VSG on 8/9/2018

HW: 444 - SW: 427 - CW - 396

BobbieDoll
on 8/19/18 12:55 pm - CO

My cleaning lady, Tracy, was losing weight and lookin good. She said she was eating a Taco Bell bean burrito everyday and that was her weight loss 'secret'. I didn't see her for a couple of years then ran into her and hardly recognized her. She looked great! Divorced, new boyfriend, new life. I had a lapband in 2008 so she never knew me during my obesity time. I didn't tell her that I too was overweight at one time. Then my band slipped and I had to get it removed. My current cleaning lady, Betsy, told me Tina was very sick. She was having tummy issues and couldn't hold anything down, cramping, and wouldn't go to the doctor because she was self employed and didn't have insurance. Betsy told me Tracy had a lapband. I called her and told her confessed that I, too, had a lapband years ago and she needed to go see a doctor. I don't know why we felt the need to keep our surgeries a secret. It's not like people don't notice we are obese.

Most Active
Recent Topics