Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, August 11, 2018

Melody P.
on 8/11/18 6:53 pm - Amarillo, TX

I have head hunger A LOT! I fight it everyday. Sometimes it's hard for me distinguish the two. I was so dissapointed at first. Being able to post here when I'm having issues has helped.

I've decided to use my Fitbit soon for the breathing exercise when i'm Feeling that hunger. I know music helps but it doesnt always do the trick!

Mel

PCBR
on 8/11/18 9:35 am
Kristi T.
on 8/11/18 10:54 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning Liz and menu friends! My mother went to Mama Mia 2 and absolutely loved it, she thought it was better than the first one.

I know one of the worst things I can do for myself is hide away, but that is what I have been doing. I feel like I have completely shut down. I am sorry I have been away from the menu thread for so long, I have missed you all. I fight daily to keep moving my body, fight through the physical pain. Sometimes I just get tired of doing it and I let the pain sort of take over. I am seeing my therapist every two weeks and adjusting medications to keep up with the pain. At night I go down to the dock and slip into the cold lake and just float, it feels good and has helped some. I am so grateful to my VSG, the pain has been cut in half with the 90lb weight loss. My goal this week is to post on the menu thread daily and keep up with all the other threads as well. It helps to read all of your posts and catch up on your lives. Thank you for being here today.

QOTD-Since I already wrote so much, I will skip this one today. I do like your idea of doing a Photo Wednesday Liz, I enjoy the RNY's photo Friday and always wondered why we don't have one:-)

B-Bullet coffee

L-Fried egg and 1/2 peach

S-2 Duke's sausage links, 1 string cheese

D-Leftover ham & bean soup

E-Walk Emmy when and if it cools down(104 degrees yesterday), shampooing office rug

I hope everyone has a good Saturday!

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/18 11:13 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I am sorry you are suffering so much and I pray you can get the pain subdued with the right medication. We have all missed you and are glad you checked back in with us!

Kristi T.
on 8/14/18 10:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Thank you so much Mersh for your kind reply!

LezetteChristineMua
on 8/11/18 11:41 am
VSG on 12/11/17

So on the menu today

Breakfast was an Unjury Protein ready made shake chocolate flavor

Snack: Unjury Mighty Brownie bite

Lunch: 1/2 cup of Breakstone cottage cheese and about 10/ .5 oz of Pasta Chips (this is a new thing I found at my local health food store)

Snack: 3 oz Starkist tuna with 1Tbsp Helmans mayo 1 oz Ips BBQ egg chips

Dinner: Teriyaki chicken 4oz with 2 pieces of broccoli

Snack: I have to go to the airport to pick up family so I will be getting a Double espresso from Starbucks with a couple pumps of sugar free caramel and a Vanilla Ready to Drink Unjury

As far as QOTD I'll answer that separately but I am 8 months out TODAY!!! Super excited to have found a place where we can help and encourage each other. I have Instagram and I am in several Facebook groups so I figured I would try this one out. Spread Kindness like glitter and be nice to people LezetteChristineMua

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/18 11:14 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

That sounds amazing, the espresso. I am always worried that they will mess up my drink and give me full sugar.

LezetteChristineMua
on 8/12/18 5:52 am
VSG on 12/11/17

You can actually just use the Vanilla Unjury ready to drink and it's still really good, however Starbucks is extremely good and making sure you get what you order. Especially with so many people doing Keto and with so many allergies. If you're really worried ask for a manager ?

LezetteChristineMua
on 8/11/18 11:54 am
VSG on 12/11/17

QOTD: What is one thing that has made you stronger?

I would definitely have to say the one thing that has made me stronger is rejection. I know that may seem like a weird answer but...

I was rejected by my biological father before birth and still to this day 40 years later, I even drove 1500 miles begging him to want to be part of my life but he didnt want to. My oldest brother rejects me to this day too. I remember growing up him just making fun of me for being ugly and fat and he would never tell people he had a sister, still when I meet people for example I showed up to his sons birthday (my nephew) I wasn't invited but I crashed the party. My nephew was turning 20 and there was so many parties I have been excluded from that I decided to cra**** My brothers friends had no idea he had a sister. My nephew was super welcoming and I am so happy I went even though my brother wasnt happy to see me, I did it for myself and my nephew. I have tried to do everything to get his acceptance but still am rejected. Growing up I was rejected by my peers, extended family and even strangers. My oldest daughters father rejected me too. I now have 4 children and I have not only overcome being rejected but have impacted my children with so much love that they are confident and know love and not rejection. I also have an incredible husband, an amazing step father who's my Daddy and a wonderful mother. It took years and years of therapy but that rejection has truly made me a stronger person. The rejection no longer inhibits me or consumes my life. I have allowed healing and I remind myself every day that I am enough and I am worthy. Spread Kindness like glitter and be nice to people LezetteChristineMua

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/12/18 4:30 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You went through a lot to get to where you are now. It is so good that you have strong relationships now.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active
Recent Topics