Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, August 11, 2018

Melody P.
on 8/11/18 6:49 pm - Amarillo, TX

It was very traumatic, I admit. It was at a time where I was bullied insistently as I was getting more and more heavier. By fifth grade I was at about 6 foot. It was the worst time of my life...4th through 11th grade. I had no friends at all until 9th grade one person who moved in 10th grade to another school. I was a lonely kid who used food to fill that gap. As well as other things. That teacher...i'll Never be fond of but I do forgive her. I have finally in the past few years forgiven the crappy kids that treated me so badly. By 7th grade i'd Been in a few fights and let's just say people got scared of me. That's no good way to feel either.

I also wanted to clarify that my father tried to commit suicide because of his wife leaving him. He never thought of us. I didn't mean to say that I have no empathy for everyone who's been suicidal or has done it. I've been close to that step but it's my fathers example that has saved me. For that I'm thankful.

I've been needing to talk about this with someone. I hope y'all don't mind but it helps me immensely.

Thank you you for the replies!

Mel

PCBR
on 8/12/18 12:57 am, edited 8/11/18 6:34 pm

I was lonely, too. When I hang out with a group, I often feel like the odd one out, even if rationally I know I?m not. These things that happen when we are kids are real and they last.

i don?t think you were being insensitive about people with suicidal feelings. What it is sounding like is that your dads attempt was motivated by a narcissistic impulse to make someone else feel bad. Am I understanding that correctly?

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Melody P.
on 8/12/18 6:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Indeed! I just didn't want to make anyone feel bad...I know it's a sensitive subject.

Mel

PCBR
on 8/11/18 9:34 am

Hi, Liz! Nothing firm on my agenda until tonight. Want to clear some clutter, maybe try to clean a problem closet. Definitely want to get in the pool, as I have not moved much this week.

One thing that's been troubling me the past few days. I'm feeling hungry :/. It's not dehydration and I truly don't believe it's stomach acid. I really didn't think it would happen this soon. As expected, hunger is quickly doused. Still, I'm a bit bummed. Hoping this is a temporary stage. Did any of you experience this?

QOTD: Great question, but I'm too brain dead to think of one, defining event. I have to say that being a heavy almost all my life shaped my life and self in myriad ways: mostly bad or sad, but some good.

B - Chili. I know this sounds weird! It is leftovers. Super meaty with veggies and a few beans. Funny how a few ounces of anything is now "substantial".

L - Chicken and turkey with sliced raw peppers

D - Shake

S - Coffee with Fairlife skim milk

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/11/18 9:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I thought I felt hunger from the very beginning, which really bummed me out because other posters would say they were never hungry and forgot to eat. Now at almost 2.5 years out I'm starting to realize that a lot of my "hunger" then and now is "head-hunger". The only way I can really distingui**** is that I don't feel it at the same times when I am away from the house and food. I will think I'm hungry when I know what time it is and I know it is time to eat, but if I don't know the time I'm not hungry. Kind of weird, but true.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

GrammySusan
on 8/11/18 10:41 am

I am the same, Liz. I'm not yet sleeved so i am hoping to feel full after WLS. I grew up never listening to my body and overeating ALWAYS so i really want to relearn what it is like for "normal" people to eat just till satisfied.

PCBR
on 8/11/18 4:50 pm

Thank you. I have really concentrated when the feeling comes, and it is definitely a physical feeling in my stomach--sometimes growling. It comes about every 2-3 hrs. I took a ppi this morning and have been drinking water. I hope it goes away.

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/18 11:11 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Even if it is real hunger, try to keep in mind that hunger is not an alarm you have to answer right away.

PCBR
on 8/12/18 1:00 am

Thank you. This is a good thing to remember! I just wanted to not care about eating anymore. And I'd rather not be hungry and need to eat. I feel like..am I the one damn person who feels hungry after a VSG!? Like I said, I hope this is just a stage. I plan on sticking to my program, but I sure don't need it to be any harder than it is.

Tanni21
on 8/14/18 12:15 pm
VSG on 08/03/18

I just had the sleeve surgery on 8-3-18 and hoped to not feel hungry, but I do. I have lost about 16 pounds, so far. My first post-op is 8-20-18. Did any of you wear an abdominal binder within the first month of your surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics