Your NSVs of the Week - Letâ??s get that Friday feeling

PCBR
on 8/10/18 10:08 am, edited 8/10/18 10:08 am

Not sure if this will get traction since everyone is probably at work and well into their day right now. But I?d love to hear your NSVs if the week.

For me - 9wks Post Op

1) Shopping in my closet. Approaching my June surgery, I refused to buy new clothes. This was tough as the weather was heating up (I had no summer clothes that fit). This meant embarrassing repeats. Now, I?ve unlocked a range of summer weight items?including some summer weight blazers that I love. I still have some pre-op clothes that fit, but now when I wear them I?m not constantly tugging and pulling on them.

2) As my weight goes down, my confidence in networking is going up. Especially since now I have some nice work clothes to wear.

Let?s hear yours!

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Jess Says Yes
on 8/10/18 10:56 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Those are some great NSVs!

As for me I am proud of the fact that I have worked out every day this week except Tuesday and I really pushed myself in strength training this week!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

PCBR
on 8/10/18 8:03 pm

Amazing! That's tough with kids and work in the mix. Good show!

SkinnyNikki7
on 8/10/18 11:03 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

That's awesome! Way to go! For me my NSV's this week are about my clothes as well. I haven't been able to fit into any of my shorts all summer from last year and refused to buy new ones that are larger in size. So I pretty much have been wearing stretch pants or dresses all summer. Yesterday I tried them on and they fit perfect so that felt good. Also all of my stretch pants that are size XL are now way too big and hang off me so I can get rid of those now.

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 8/10/18 8:04 pm

What a great feeling. It's awesome to see you succeeding.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/18 1:36 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Great post! Try posting things like these in the general sub for higher traction :) people eventually see it, even if it's a day or two late!

This weeks NSV, hmm. It's been such a stressful time that it's hard to focus on the good things.

Ah, I feel like my feet have finally shrunk. They are still boats, but I am in a 10 normal instead of an 11 wide!

I let go of guilt for eating things that are convenient. I always felt bad for taking the easy way out if I bought something pre-made, like those uncrustable sandwiches? They are delicious and easy and honestly less calories than putting one together with my regular bread and regular peanut butter and jam. Sure, they aren't as natural, but I'm pretty sure if I were to die and be studied I'm all fake sugar and chemicals anyway by this point in my life!

PCBR
on 8/10/18 8:11 pm
  • Great idea! I'll try that next Friday. It's so fun to read everyone's triumphs. In a world that can be so full of bad stuff, taking a sec to recognize the good really helps me cultivate gratitude--something I've been trying to work on.
  • Okay..I don't know how to turn off these bullets..lol. Anyway, all that said, it's okay to not focus on good sometimes, too. You have a full plate, mersh. I begrudge no one who is dealing with a lot of negativity time to be bummed.

Im so excited to hear ones feet can shrink back down!! I hope that happens to me. Having wide feet sucks.

And yeah, I try to eat clean 90% of the time--but one deserves ease from time to time, too. And certainly, living in the world we live in, we all are probably full of lord knows what.

PookyS
on 8/10/18 1:36 pm

I went back to school with the other teachers this week and was able to fit in the auditorium seats comfortably and with room to spare. Parking was a problem, and I walked several blocks in the summer heat without being out of breath, sweating excessively, or experiencing excruciating knee pain! I'm feeling more social and less anxious too. :) What a difference I feel now that I'm carrying 120 fewer pounds!

Miss150
on 8/10/18 8:07 pm

You cheeky teacher you - I can just see you gliding with ease up and down those desk rows- in and around crowded student desks, and all with the greatest of ease...Way to go, teach!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

PCBR
on 8/10/18 8:13 pm

Oh, that must have felt great. Thanks for being a teacher!

Most Active
Recent Topics