Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Friday, 08/10/18

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/18 1:47 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I do wish people talked about what they wanted more, and that family could be comfortable bringing it up to their loved ones. It would make things so much simpler when something did happen. There wouldn't be the confusion, the worry, and also the guilt if the right choices were made.

Miss150
on 8/10/18 9:14 am, edited 8/10/18 2:16 am

Mersh, stressful and intensive time (physically as well as emotionally) for you now as well as into the days ahead. I?m so wishing well and that this all goes as softly and gently as it can for all, and peace be upon your mother in what ever form it takes.

As you describe yourself as the one who has taken the job of ?keep(ing) everything else together?, please remember that self care-self-health is not a ?when I can fit it in?- but rather- a totally necessary daily activity for you now. As Mr. Rogers said, "When hard times happen, look for the helpers." Sometimes there are no happy outcomes, but there are helpers to walk with us through it. They are there as we are here- for you. Bonnie

edited to clean up text

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/18 1:50 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I love that quote. I'm going to write it down. You are so right though, it's easy to push myself in the background and I find myself doing it a lot over these trying times. I need to be more thorough in making sure I am also OK and safe.

adistacke
on 8/10/18 11:19 am
VSG on 05/16/17

So sorry to hear about your mother!

I haven't been on here for several months but as i see many others, I've gained a few pounds and came back here to get some motivation and direction. My VSG was May 2017 and I had lost about 85 pounds and since Christmas have been pretty much eating what i want with the exception of excluding bread and pasta. As someone who never had much of a sweet tooth, I indulged in desserts over Christmas and started craving sweets late afternoon throughout the evening...what a frustrating change! Over the past few months, I've been slowly gaining a pound here or there and after gaining 7, i decided no more! On Monday, I started back with the focus on protein and lowering my carbs...i'm not doing "no carbs" because i work out and need some but keeping them healthy with yogurt, berries, etc and under 50 grams. I'm also back to tracking everything in my fitness pal as accountability goes far with me.

Breakfast-egg and 3 pieces of bacon

lunch-4oz rotisserie chicken salad

dinner-made chicken with salsa in the crockpot last night so will have that with a few scoops of re-fried beans and cheese

snack-high protein yogurt

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/18 1:53 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Welcome back :)

One thing I never let myself do is indulge. If I want something, it is planned for. That's where tracking is so important. I have learned that even people who were never SMO, all had a mental note of things they ate. With people I've spoken with, they might not be tracking tracking, but they aren't eating without thought.

lbalaw2
on 8/10/18 3:00 pm
VSG on 09/19/17

I am so sorry to hear Mersh, of your difficult times. I am going through something similar now with my mother who is now under hospice care. She is very elderly (92) but has all her wits about her. She is facing a death from lung and heart failure. Sometimes the sadness is so overwhelming. I know death would be a relief to her but it is still hard to let go. I will for her sake. Self care is so necessary in these life cir****tances.

QOTD: My biggest fear is loneliness. I do not like being lonely. Sometimes I feel that way with a room full of people, depending who they are of course. I do not want to be old and alone. I hope I will be lucky enough to have people with me. Wow, I am a Debbie Downer today.

B- scrambled egg with turkey sausage patty and cheese stick

L- left over pork tenderloin with green string beans

D- Small chef's salad with kens lite honey mustard.

S- Oikos triple, banana peanut butter

I am now into sparkling water, trying all different flavors. Black raspberry so far my favorite

MissCheri18
on 8/10/18 3:17 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good day/week! I seem to have broken my stall, finally! I did a big drop yesterday and today I went down again so I think I have, until the next one I suppose. I've been really focused on what I eat because I have been away from home both days and that can mean bad choices but I seem to be doing OK.

QOTD: What are you afraid of? Do you have any phobias? Could be simple fear like the dark, or something more subjective. Hmm, a few things come to mind but tunnels are close to the top of the list! I close my eyes and hold my breath which is OK - EXCEPT when I am the driver!

Water, water, water!

M1: Chocolate Protein, Coffee Shake (2/3)

M2: Jack Link's - Bacon Jerky (Hickory Smoked)

M3: Mini Crockpot Boneless Pork Tenderloin w/Havarti Cheese and Green Beans

M4: Light Pepper Jack cheese Wedge and Deli Turkey

M5: Mini Homemade light Taco Salad

M6: Not sure, I didn't finish my little salad at M5 so if hungry I will fini****

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Most Active
Recent Topics