High Liver Enzymes

ipray
on 7/24/18 12:04 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Hello, I had vsg surgery about 3-1/2 years ago and have been getting my bloodwork done regularly. I recently had blood work done twice and both times showed high liver enzymes and the doctor has ordered more bloodwork. Have any of you experienced this a few years after surgery? If so, was it surgery related? Thank you!

califsleevin
on 7/24/18 12:53 pm - CA

Liver numbers can be out of whack for a while in the immediate post op period due to the rapid weight loss and the stresses that puts on the liver, but this far out I wouldn't expect anything that is surgery related would be impacting it. My numbers have been normal for years, and weren't even all that far out during my loss phase (maybe a plus for moderation in the diet?)

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

ipray
on 7/24/18 2:03 pm
VSG on 11/06/14

Yes, being this far I couldn't think of anything surgery related either. (Unless gallblader?) Thank you for your reply.

Ontario_Girl
on 7/25/18 7:53 am - Canada

Do you still have your gullbladder? When I had issues with mine, my enzyme levels were through the roof.

Just a girl trying to become a better ME. Healthier ME. Learning to be happy with ME and love ME. One day at a time.

ipray
on 7/28/18 8:06 am
VSG on 11/06/14

I still have my gallbladder, so I will check with doctor to see if it may be that. Thank you for your reply!

yvonnef1964
on 7/25/18 5:33 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Yes for the last two years and finally they came back into normal range this last test I had done. From what I read on here, it's surgery related but will even out the farther you get out. Had ultrasound and a special ultrasound on my liver to rule out cirrhosis. The ultrasound showed a fatty liver but with rapid weight loss is hard on your liver.

ipray
on 7/28/18 8:08 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Glad yours is back to normal. I have been on cholesterol medication for about 25 years. (Crestor). So not sure if that may also be the cause. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Most Active
Recent Topics