Whatcha Eating Today VSGers - Sunday, July 23

Teresa G.
on 7/22/18 8:24 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Jess, that is great advice! I tell that to my kids all the time...and that 99% of what they spend time fretting over never happens so just don't waste precious time worrying.

Now if I could just take my own advice.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/22/18 7:54 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Good morning! No Six Flags for us today due to another rainy day. Of course it's sunny now but weather is still calling for thunderstorms so better not to risk it like last weekend. So today was my weigh in and I'm down another 2 lbs - woohoo! 8 lbs in 3 weeks so I am def getting back on track. No clue what we are going to do or what I'm going to eat today since I planned on Six Flags.

QOTD - Never go to bed angry and never miss out on the chance to tell the people closest to you how important they are and how much you love them because you never know when that opportunity to do so will be gone. I live by this everyday!

B - coffee and Vanilla Premier protein

L - no clue maybe a salad

D - no idea either maybe some fish

S - Air Fryer apple dumplings (making them for the family but might try a couple bites)

E - go for a walk, squats, bridges, lunges, leg lifts

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Teresa G.
on 7/22/18 8:09 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning Sleevers.

I'm feeling a little down on myself today...I have this compulsion to eat late night...usually after I go to bed! I've gone quite a bit over my goal for calories the last two nights because of that. I'm not carbing out...keeping that under 50 and overall, my trend is pretty good - calories, protein and carbs all average out at the levels I'm aiming for. I see a pattern - it's every 6-7 days I have a higher calorie day. Maybe unconsciously I'm trying to keep my body guessing so it doesn't settle into the 600-700 calorie rut and slow the metabolism down to compensate? Good theory anyway, but I believe it's more of a compulsion that I need to work through with my therapist. I can also eat anything I want...nothing seems to bother my iron-gut, except putting too much food in it. To-date there's been no foamies, no "dumping", no heartburn. My tool isn't working like it works for other people, so I think I need to work a little harder than others might. Glad I have an appointment with my therapist this week.

On a more positive note, I get to go shopping in my closet nearly every day, and at least once a week I cull out plus size clothes that are just too baggy. I'm down a couple sizes so I'm happy that I'm heading in the right direction. I'm listing a lot of them on Poshmark.com, but I'm not selling enough to make up for what I'm buying. At least I'm buying them a couple sizes down, so I should be able to get some use out of them when I hit that size. But I need to rein it in...it definitely appears that shopping is becoming my "transfer addiction".

QOTD: What's the best advice you've ever received? This one is really making me think. Maybe I'm not so receptive to advice so nothing stands out for me? Terrific - something else to bring up with my therapist. I can definitely think of lots of really good advice that I didn't listen to or act on. My life would have been much different had I. Not necessarily better...just different. Too much deep thinking for a Sunday morning.

I'm taking a regular "Before / During" photo to motivate myself and to actually see the transformation that's happening. This is me at the start of my program (1-1-18) to now (7-19-18). I just love the shirt I'm wearing in the "during" photo. I haven't been able to wear that shirt for literally years!

Teresa (WA State)

Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

mmsmom
on 7/22/18 11:36 am - Woburn, MA

you look fantastic!!!

VSG on 04/28/2014

Teresa G.
on 7/22/18 2:09 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Thank you!

Teresa (WA State)

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/22/18 12:25 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

You look gorgeous! Don't be so hard on yourself!

Teresa G.
on 7/22/18 2:12 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Aw, thanks Nikki!

This is something else that I'm working on with my therapist as well...I'm not very kind to myself at all. As long as I remember, I've had this inner voice that says absolutely horrible things to me, mean and hurtful and degrading things...things I would NEVER dream of saying to anyone else.

Teresa (WA State)

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/22/18 9:08 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Me too so I completely understand! Even at 130 lbs and a size 2 I felt fat, ugly, and disgusting. It's def a mental battle for sure. We will get through it

PCBR
on 7/22/18 1:30 pm

Test

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

PCBR
on 7/22/18 1:43 pm

Hi, mmsmom et al,

Sorry you didn't get your pizza, but it sounds like it all worked out in the end. No rain at all by where I am, just unrelenting heat!

Ii had a mixed go of it yesterday. My WL has ramped up as I increase my water. However, Woke up with a tiny sensation of reflux--a first. Then, late at night, we had a pet emergency. While my knight in shining armor took the baby to the 24 vet, I stayed by up to wash dishes--I was sipping water on an empty stomach and felt waves of nausea after sips--just plain water! This was also a first. I don't know if it was stress and worry pumping extra acid out, but it was ugly and lasted through the wee hours. Need to email the doc on Monday. Going to see if I need more PPI.

All that aside, rolled out of bed past 11 (was up a lot of the night) and went straight to the farmers market. Bought a universe of pluots--so many colors--from earth tones to jewel tones--and amazing flavors. Even though I'll only be enjoying a bite here and there, I am grateful for the quality and variety of fruits and veggies that I'm able to provide for my family.

B - slept through

L - scrambled egg with cheddar, 1/2 slice of Swiss, slice of a deep red pluot with no skin

S - protein shake

D - ?

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Most Active
Recent Topics