What's on your menu today VSGers? Saturday 7/14

mmsmom
on 7/14/18 8:25 am - Woburn, MA

The refrigerator repair man is here!!!! if it works, I'll be happy. I also have a guarantee from Home Depot that if i'm not satisfied I can get a full refund of my purchase price for the frig.

QOTD: My first cup of tea with skim milk. ... I can live without anything but that. Then I move on to iced coffee and back to hot tea. I have a caffeine problem.

B: cored out bagel, toasted with homemade strawberry jam...decadent but worth it since the strawberries are only this good once a year at the local farm

L: still working on the leftover meatballs and ravioli - getting tired of it tho

D: idk, i feel the need for real food - last night I ended up eating 1/2 a baked potato with cheese

E: it's nice here so most likely a walk, except i have 2 dogs today and they aren't always good together on the walk...maybe i can get someone to go with me.

L/V: working on it.

VSG on 04/28/2014

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/14/18 9:09 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Fingers crossed you have a working frig today!!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/14/18 9:19 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Happy Saturday everyone! We had a wonderful date night last night, it was much needed. Not much going on today except I think we will be going to dinner with my Dad since my stepmom is away on a trip and he's bored lol. I am of course anxious for my weigh in tomorrow - again. I am going to keep myself as busy as possible today so I don't focus on it.

QOTD - Never thought in my life I would say this but now I need to go for my jog in the morning. I feel like it gets me going and I feel so good the rest of the day. It just doesn't have the same effect at night plus I have a hard time making myself do it. Although, coffee is a must! I only drink 1 cup a day and don't like solid food for breakfast so coffee and protein shake is a morning staple!

B - coffee and Cookies and Cream Premier protein

L - leftover Mexican soup

D - going to my dads favorite seafood restaurant and I love their Seafood Salad so probably that

E - 30 min jog/walk, squats, leg lifts, bridges, lunges

Lots of water bc I did horrible with drinking yesterday

PCBR
on 7/14/18 9:38 am

hi, Erin!

I woke up last night feeling bummed about work the next day--until I realized that it was Friday night and I have no wor****il Monday.

QOTD: Hugs and kisses from my littles. My day wouldn't go right without them.

Right now I'm drinking water (5.5 wks post op)--I've been inching above 64oz a day which is good--but tougher on weekends because we all sleep in. Breakfast has been weird the last week or so--seems like no matter what I try or how innocuous/small, I get a bit of nausea--as if my sleeve just isn't ready for anything first thing. I clears quickly, but it's a nuisance and I'm thinking I should email my Nut.

B - premier protein OR some Skyr

L - Seeing a movie..will probably bring in a premier protein shake and some water

S - a bit of lentils or pinto beans

D - Beyond Burger patty or at least a quarter or half of it (a friend turned me on to them--will try to prepare myself for the first time)

E - A walk or swimming. Excited for Tuesday aka 6 week surgiversary so I can start introducing some new activities.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/14/18 10:00 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Man your good, I've been afraid to go to the movies bc I'm afraid I won't be able to fight the urge to get movie theater popcorn lol

Gwen M.
on 7/14/18 10:15 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I used to specifically take a meal to the theater, that way, if I started craving popcorn, I would eat the thing I'd brought instead. It worked really well. I'd do easy, non-smelly things, like yogurt.

These days, I don't feel tempted at all.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

PCBR
on 7/14/18 10:26 am

While it does smell great, it's something I'm not too into so lucky on that count. However, the other night, I made microwave popcorn for my kids and twice caught myself reaching for a bite. I was kind of dismayed at how automatic it was--guess I still have work to do on mindful eating.

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow! I bet t will be good news :)

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Most Active
Recent Topics