WHAT IS THE BEST PROTEIN SHAKE?

mi75
on 7/12/18 10:33 am
VSG on 06/01/14

I hope giving this info is ok, but I LOVED "Inspire" brand from the website bariatriceating.com. there are many good flavors and one of them is famous for mixing with coffee.

I tried ALL the brands in my 4 years post op, and this brand is BY FAR my favorite.

Teresa G.
on 7/12/18 3:47 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

The nasty woman that started and owns that company will never get another cent of my money.

Anyone who treats her customers and FB members the way she does should be ashamed of herself. She is belittling, rude and nasty (going to far as to calling people "fat asses") and I will never ever recommend her products to anyone.

Check out the BBB and Yelp reviews if you want confirmation.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Amy R.
on 7/13/18 6:13 am

Yikes. Is that lady still out there? For some reason I thought she'd finally been taken down.

NYMom222
on 7/14/18 6:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I agree Inspire does taste good, but as others have said the owner does not have a good reputation.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/18 3:20 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

The best one is the one you like and will drink. You will need to check calories, protein, etc. But in the end, if you don't like it, you won't use it, no matter how good it is. On the flip side, if it has lots of carbs, it isn't helping you.

Try a few different ones. Yeah, they cost money. But it is small potatoes compared to your goal. I am almost two years out and have gone back to drinking protein drinks because I am losing more weight than I want, and it is muscle mass now, not fat.

hollykim
on 7/12/18 4:05 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 12, 2018 at 2:52 PM Pacific Time, Mrskilmister wrote:

Hello group,

I am currently on Baritrack but they changed the formula and how it is too high on sugar, calories and carbs and I stopped losing

can anyone recommend a good protein shake that will keep me full and help me on my weigh loss journey

looks like you are nearly 3 years out. You would do better to ditch the shakes, eat meat, chicken, fish, eggs, dense protein and very little non carby vegetables. Drink 64+ oz of liquid a day and weigh and measure everything you eat.

you are too far out for shakes to do much good.

Gwen M.
on 7/12/18 5:57 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm 4.25 years post-op and still happy to have my morning breakfast shake. Without it, I'd skip breakfast all together and that would be suboptimal.

So it depends on how you define "do much good."

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

hollykim
on 7/12/18 7:10 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 13, 2018 at 12:57 AM Pacific Time, Gwen M. wrote:

I'm 4.25 years post-op and still happy to have my morning breakfast shake. Without it, I'd skip breakfast all together and that would be suboptimal.

So it depends on how you define "do much good."

I have one on accession also. I took the OP to mean she wanted to go completely back to only protein shakes. That may be an incorrect assumption on my part.

hollykim
on 7/12/18 7:12 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 12, 2018 at 2:52 PM Pacific Time, Mrskilmister wrote:

Hello group,

I am currently on Baritrack but they changed the formula and how it is too high on sugar, calories and carbs and I stopped losing

can anyone recommend a good protein shake that will keep me full and help me on my weigh loss journey

I should have asked if you were planning on going completely back to shakes only. That is the assumption I had and it might have been incorrect.

A daily shake or occasional one often works well for many.

Amy R.
on 7/13/18 6:28 am

I use Syntha-6 (I think by BSN?) vanilla ice cream flavor. I used to use their Dessert Brand Whipped Vanilla Crème but I think they discontinued the flavor. Mine is 25g protein per 150 calories, but it's not solely whey protein isolate. The bulk of it is but there is some casein in there as well - at nine years out it works fine for me but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone in the honeymoon stage. Shakes are pretty rare around here now; I still use them if I want to though.

When I was about two years out someone told me how to make a protein shake that I still love. I use the best vanilla shake mix I can afford, throw in some SF vanilla pudding mix, some good vanilla extract, a handful of frozen berries and ice mixed in a blender. My husband usually has one when I do and he isn't even WLS patient.

An OH vet started a website called https://www.bariatricfoodie.com/. Her motto was, there's no excuse for a bad protein shake or something similar. She has all kinds of ideas for shakes and may or may not (it's been forever since I've been there) have reviews or comments on different products.

Good luck finding one that works. It may take time but you're almost certain to find something you like that works for you. There are so many more options out there now.

Most Active
Recent Topics