Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, 7/9/2018

Jess Says Yes
on 7/9/18 5:50 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Training went well, thanks! Half my time went to intake today so it wasn't too painful. I'm already a little sore though, so I bet you're right about tomorrow!

I like salmon, but Mahi & seabass are my faves!!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/9/18 8:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I do hope you are over it Gwen and get your energy back today.

The weekend here boasted beautiful weather after a gloomy Friday. We went to Chatham and poked around on Saturday and to the beach at the pond yesterday. Lobster roll at a restaurant on the harbor on Friday night, cookout on Saturday, and I made light crab cakes yesterday.

QOTD: Hmmm... Probably chicken. Though I've gotten so I love fish, I like to have different types and I don't feel like there is as much variety available for preparation.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Salmon burger or chicken sausage

S: ostrim meat stick, yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Gwen M.
on 7/9/18 8:10 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks! So far so good and I'm making progress on my extended assignment. Woo!

Glad you had gorgeous weather over the weekend. It was gorgeous here too, even though I didn't get to take advantage of it at all :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MissCheri18
on 7/9/18 8:43 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

I'm sorry you are having it rough Gwen and it can be a killer when on borrowed school time, hope you bounce back asap!

I did a full 8oz. of my Protein Shake (with Dragon Red water) this morning! It took some time, sipping SLOWLY but I did manage the whole thing! I am feeling bit better today, at least so far so good. I had the Creamy Butternut Soup yesterday and then had Cream of Potato for dinner which WAS NOT what I had thought it was going to be really had to work to get the potatoes OUT they would not fork sma**** made my tummy upset and this morning my sugar numbers were too high, I'm off all diabetic meds but still check my sugar, I think it was all those carbs in those two soups. So, learned another lesson for now at least I need to avoid that potato soup and limit the Butternut.

QOTD: If you could only eat one type of animal meat for the rest of your life, what animal would you choose? (I.e., salmon, chicken, shrimp, cow, lamb, etc.) Um, well I do eat a lot of chicken or did pre-VSG too soon to tell yet about the future lol, same with Cow, but if I had to choose I think I would choose Cow, you have a lot of variety with beef.

Water, water, water! OK not enough water yet, but I am testing ways and still using chipped ice.

B - Vanilla Protein Powder, Dragon Frui****er (8 oz.)

L - Cream of Chicken Soup, Plain Greek Yogurt

D - Cream of Chicken Soup, Plain Greek Yogurt

S - SF Jell-O, PowerAde Zero, maybe a Popsicle depends on my tummy, popsicles help it settle down. And of course applesauce with my pills that can't be chewed.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Kristi T.
on 7/9/18 10:26 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! So sorry you had a miserable weekend Gwen, hopefully you will have a better week and will get caught up on everything.

Our weather has been just about perfect, low 80's and not a cloud in the sky. Took Emmy on two challenging hikes over the weekend. Made it to the top of one mountain and just about to the top of the other one. I had a steady flow of tourists at work yesterday which made time fly by fast.

QOTD-Probably chicken, it is so versatile. My grandmother was deathly afraid of ticks, her father died of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. She in turn made my mother afraid of ticks. Seeing both of them so afraid of ticks growing up made me completely paranoid!

B-Bullet Coffee

L-Smoked Kielbasa and scrambled eggs

S-Chai tea w/vanilla PP shake

D-Crock pot chicken with hollandaise(blender version), homemade coleslaw

E-Late evening walk with Emmy

Have a good day!

Teresa G.
on 7/9/18 7:09 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Today was my first day back at work after a MONTH off. I slept really lousy last night, I don't know if it was from dread or from excitement! I had a monster boss before I left...really a hideous creature, and after a frank talk with my director, he changed the manager I report to, the person I WANT as my manager. My former manager should not be in any kind of management position. She manages with intimidation and fear, and is the worst micro-manager I have EVER reported to. A number of long-time, VERY valuable employees have left, directly due to her. She's a bully, pure and simple. And I made sure our Director (he has only been there a couple months now) knew about all this BEFORE the leadership retreat. I wanted him to go in with his eyes wide open. Anyway, enough of that negativity. I do believe that I am going to be much happier at work with this change.

I came back to a beautiful bouquet to welcome me back, AND a new sit-stand desk. I am SO excited about my desk...sitting on my butt all day long has really done a job on my legs, back, neck...I've been doing it for many, many years. The installers screwed up the installation of the adjustable monitor arms...they are mounted so far back that I had to LAY across my desk to see my screens. Didn't work with our without my reading glasses! So I asked our IT guy to help, and he took the monitors off the arms and mounted them on desk top stands. MUCH better. It will probably take the installers 6 months to get the new arms fixed...and they're over $400 each! The desk itself was about $2000. Terribly overpriced, but we're required by LAW to purchase from Correctional Industries...which is 6 times more than any other vendor. That's our legislator's way of supporting the prison system that they don't want to support.

This is in the stand position...it's electric so I can raise or lower it with just a touch of a button!

QOTD: If you could only eat one type of animal meat for the rest of your life, what animal would you choose? (I.e., salmon, chicken, shrimp, cow, lamb, etc.)

I hope I never have to actually choose! I'm a carnivore through and through and I love all meat (except organ meat). I suppose if I HAD to choose one, it would be buffalo. I buy free-range prairie-raised buffalo from South Dakota and aside from the ethical and responsible way they are raised and slaughtered, it's also REALLY yummy! Spendy, but when I can only eat an ounce or two at a time, it's worth the splurge.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/18 7:52 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Very late addition to the menu board! I am running on very little sleep, so have been all over the place mentally, plus getting bombarded with a list of things I need to fix from my doctor. Ugh, I'll post about it in tomorrow's thread when I'm not dying, but I do want to be accountable for today even though it's so late!

Most Active
Recent Topics