Need help to quit vaping before surgery

DietVapeJuice
on 7/9/18 2:51 pm

I will see if I can contact my state line and see what they can do, thank you for all the great suggestions!

Kathy S.
on 7/13/18 9:39 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

For us we have a tendency to replace one addiction with another. Just do a search on drinking after weight loss surgery. Work hard with your therapist to deal with the head issues that are driving your addictions. I have been around for over 10 years and the common denominator to success and failure is if they work on head issues or not....

Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kristie B.
on 7/20/18 7:12 am, edited 7/20/18 12:12 am - Surprise, AZ

Are you trying to stop vaping to stop the nicotine or is it vaping all together? The reason I ask is because I vape cbd oil regularly. It helps a lot with my pain for fibromyalgia/anxiety/depression. I mix my cbd with a 0 nicotine. Vaping is a good way to ween yourself off the nicotine if that?s what you are trying to avoid. Lower your nicotine levels slowly to where you are down to 0. Each time you buy a bottle of vape juice buy a lower level nicotine. I?ve never used nicotine myself but my cousin and my dad are taking this approach and it seems to be working for them. Good luck.

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

DietVapeJuice
on 7/23/18 2:34 pm

my main motivation is to get down to 0 nic because I also use CBD in my vape for pain/anxiety/etc but my doctor had me under the impression I had to quit completely. How long would I have to wait to start vaping again after surgery?

Kristie B.
on 7/24/18 6:49 am, edited 7/23/18 11:49 pm - Surprise, AZ

I?m honestly not sure. I was never told it was a concern. I?m 10 years, my mom is 2 years out and we both vape cbd. It wasn?t a thing when I was freshly sleeved so I never discussed it with my surgeon. My pain management doctor was the one that recommended it. Between the vape and my peircings my anxiety and headaches are pretty much under control.

Kristie

VSG 12/08/08

RNY 11/09/20

barnon
on 2/26/21 9:16 am

This is truly something you should do. I love vaping and I know it's not as bad as smoking but sometimes you have to quit it if it's for an emergency such as.

Sileten
on 3/1/21 11:18 am, edited 3/3/21 8:28 pm

Dude, it is all coming from your mind, trust me. I have felt that on my own skin. The nicotine from the vaping liquids is not that powerful when compared to the cigarettes, so it is much easier to quit vaping. I am not really looking to quit vaping right now, as I am pretty ok right now. However, I have had the experience to quit vaping back in the past, and I had no problems with that. Right now, I am experiencing problems to find new vape uk as the vape ban has actually made it really bad to find some proper stores.

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/21 11:59 am, edited 10/7/21 6:20 am

Day 1 to 3. Decreasing the dosage from 24 mg/ml to 18 mg/ml. This process will not cause much discomfort, as both liquids are strong enough, and the nicotine content is not inferior to regular cigarettes. From day 4 to day 8. Decreasing the concentration from 18mg/ml to 12mg/ml. For chronic smokers, this period can be the most difficult and, in most cases, the breaking point. Next, try switching from an 8mg/ml liquid to a nicotine-free liquid https://www.thevapecig.co.uk/e-liquid.html. Then you will soon notice significant progress, and I assure you, like me, will be pleased with yourself.

NuvNatil
on 4/13/23 7:37 pm, edited 4/15/23 8:46 am

I totally understand your concern about quitting vaping before surgery. It's great that you quit cigarettes, and it's definitely worth it to quit vaping too. Have you considered trying chewing gum or sucking on hard candy or mints as a substitute for your vape? These could help satisfy your oral fixation without leading to overeating. You could also try drinking water or herbal tea to keep your mouth occupied. I hope this helps! Oh, and by the way, I recently got a new vaporizer from https://www.vaporizerchief.com/ and it's been great! It's definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a new one.

Most Active
Recent Topics