Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday, 7/7/18

MissCheri18
on 7/7/18 9:11 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

I have managed to handle 4oz. of my Protein Shake by mixing like I use to with Dragon Red water, it's been a couple of hours and no issues yet lol. I may attempt the other ½ in the evening, just depends on how I am feeling Adding the Cream of Chicken with Plain Greek Yogurt is a lot of extra at this time. I'm supposed to eat every 2-3 hours and how that works with the liquids is what I eat is classified as liquid/water intake, but I am a bit full feeling so 3 hrs. apart is working right now.

QOTD: What is the worst purchase you ever made? I guess what comes to mind is my stationary bicycle, the seat is awful and it is hard for me to operate with my issues; I think I will look into a better one and/or a treadmill.

Water, water, water! OK not enough water yet, but I am trying and using chipped ice is helping.

B - Vanilla Protein Powder, Dragon Frui****er (4 oz. - 1/2 the shake I make)

L - Cream of Chicken Soup, Plain Greek Yogurt

D -Cream of Chicken Soup, Plain Greek Yogurt

S - SF Jell-O, I may try the other half of my Protein Shake before bedtime depends on my tummy.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 10:59 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Early on I had to mix my protein shakes with milk to kill the sweetness. I have never heard of Dragon Red water though.

MissCheri18
on 7/7/18 6:41 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi Mersh; My tummy was getting VERY upset after that dumping nightmare so my Dr. said to try mixing my protein powder into something else, I was going to go with SF pudding but since I haven't had that yet I decided to go with my pre-VSG flavored water that I used with the powder and it was great. I've seen someone else use it on the menu? Anyway, it is Walmart Great Value Energy Dragon Fruit Drink Mix Sugar Free, it is over in the boxed water flavors, so basically it is just like - say, Crystal Light and over in with those. Ironically I do not like to drink the water with it but it is super with Vanilla Protein Powder, it also makes killer SF popsicles!

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

PCBR
on 7/7/18 9:43 am, edited 7/7/18 2:52 am

Hi, mersh! Sorry you had a rough night. Are you a nurse? I've had some not great medical pros, but for the most part, they are angels. It's sad that they get so much abuse. I think it's just emotionally immature people who feel scared and bitter, and take it out on whoever is closest.

QOTD: Gosh. That's a tough one. I think instead of one bad purchase, I've probably wasted $ on lots of little things (kitchen gadgets that I never used enough to make them worth it, etc).

B - Slept in a bit and giving the water I drank first thing a while to drain before I eat. When I do, I'll have some LF cottage cheese. Maybe a bite or two of no sugar added apple sauce (I've only lost about an 1lb over the past few days--think it's because I've added swimming to my workout and probably have some muscles growing--that said, still wanna keep a close eye on keeping carbs low)

L - We are going to one of those posh movie theaters where they serve food to your seat. While about 90% of the menu is off-limits, I know that their menu always either includes chicken satay skewers or chicken tandoori skewers. I'll eat the chicken and will skip any sauces. Asparagus usually comes with, but I'll skip that, too (probably too fibrous/not soft enough for the soft foods diet)

S - Premier protein shake - Don't tell my nut, but I've been about 5-10g short of protein goal the past few days--need to get back on track

D- Mysteries abound! Maybe some egg salad..or maybe I'll make another batch of egg bites

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Teresa G.
on 7/7/18 9:47 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I've wasted a TON of $$$ on kitchen gadgets as well. Too many are still in the box.

I didn't count those though...just the big-ticket items. Hahahah

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 11:01 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Not a nurse yet! I will be going back to school for nursing in the fall (fingers crossed for fall and not spring semester instead.) Never in a million years would have thought I would pursue nursing, especially since my biggest dream out of high school was to attend the Art Institute of Kansas City!

PCBR
on 7/7/18 1:47 pm, edited 7/7/18 6:59 am

Wow, that's great! The world really needs nurses. Do you think your surgery and WLS journey will help you? Not in terms of having a healthier body, but in terms of greater empathy, etc?

By the way..I'm sure that you know this...but you don't have to turn your back on art.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 5:26 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I have always been pretty empathetic. I sort of just fell into wanting to be a nurse. I took care of a woman who was well over 100 and was on hospice. I loved it so much that I knew it was what I wanted. After my WLS I got my CNA immediately so I could work my way through school.

Teresa G.
on 7/7/18 9:43 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Good morning Sleevers! It's my anniversary - 14 years! I came downstairs to a huge bouquet of flowers and a really lovely card. I guess I'm going to keep him. A bit later we're going to go to a farm store and get a HUGE flowering basket. My gift to him. He's a flower junkie!

I didn't do so well yesterday. I have a real problem with after-dinner eating. I went quite a bit over my desired calorie count (I like to keep it at 600-700) but I was still low on carbs so I'll just shrug it off and do better today.

QOTD: What is the worst purchase you ever made? That's a toss up between my LG washer and dryer or my adjustable bed with a latex/rubber mattress that was supposed to be the most comfortable mattress in the world. Which is a crock of crap. But they were both just too damn expensive to replace. I'm going to exchange my mattress for the one in the guest room. I think it's much more comfortable. I won't be able to use the adjustable feature with the other mattress, but that's alright. I very rarely use it anyway.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/18 11:07 am
VSG on 01/12/17

How beautiful at 14 years! Congratulations and I wish you a happy 14+ more years!

I nearly bought a similar mattress that claimed to be "the best." Ended up going with a Sterns and Foster Estate mattress. It's been an incredible mattress.

And don't fret over those higher calories too much, there will always be mistakes, important thing is to recognize why we make them and acknowledge they happened instead of covering them up from ourselves.

Most Active
Recent Topics