Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Saturday, 7/7/18

Ramcakes
on 7/7/18 3:49 pm
VSG on 07/03/18

I typically lead a low sugar diet in general, and OFTEN do not consume things with sugars, but he is a firm believer in eating things close to the ground. And since it's liquids only for awhile, I wanted to make sure that if I had chosen the option of having something sweet vs savory, I knew which to go towards. He doesn't PUSH sugar in diets, but he said if your gonna eat jello, please just eat the one with least colors and flavors. (Which jello brand does! It's made with strawberry juice!)

Jello is a little aggressive for my stomach though :( it, along with cold foods, hurts right now :/

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/7/18 5:47 pm - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

I'm not a huge Jello fan the consistency freaks me out and not a fan of the taste. I'm the opposite hot things make my tummy hurt

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

PCBR
on 7/7/18 1:44 pm

That's interesting. I was a bit taken aback by how hard my nut's menu pushed artificially sweetened stuff. I typically avoided that stuff pre-op. Post-op, I find anything sweetened in any way too sweet, so I haven't really been doing much of that anyway.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Ramcakes
on 7/7/18 3:51 pm
VSG on 07/03/18

I'm finding sweet things too sweet too, it's really weird. I used to be able to eat jello no problem, or didn't think an otter pop was too sweet, but now, wow! It's just too much.

Acidic stuff is tastier now :O

PCBR
on 7/7/18 9:59 pm

Have you tried Icelandic skyr? I think it would make a good base for a popsicle. The brands I know contain no artificial sweeteners. Even the 0%fat variety has a very creamy, satiating texture. For my personal taste, it's a lot better than Greek yogurt and has similar protein (for some reason, Greek gives me tummy gurgles going down--weirdly, skyr does not) Siggi's makes a strawberry/rhubarb variety that you might like if you are enjoying some tartness. You can also get plain and mix it with something (I did a spoonful of apple sauce and some cinnamon).

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/9/18 1:39 pm, edited 7/9/18 6:41 am
Ramcakes
on 7/7/18 12:05 pm VSG on 07/03/18 with Ara Keshishian

Thank you!

my surgeon doesn't want me having anything sugar free :O! So I want to find ways to make my own popsicles with less sugar than these natural otter-pops. But to be quite truthful the cold sometimes hurts my stomach? definitely gives me more burping which is uncomfortable. Warm liquids like my broth go down the best :)

You know that bone broth is naturally sugar free? or plain water- it is also sugar free... if your doc does not want you to have anything sugar free why are you drinking these?

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Jess Says Yes
on 7/7/18 8:22 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Morning everyone! Mersh I'm sorry you have to deal with that!

Spent the day organizing and cleaning yesterday, but still have some more to tend to today. No ther plans which makes me happy after the last few weeks!

QOTD: My old Ford Escape. The moment I bought that car stuff started breaking/malfunctioning (sunroof, hatch back, CD player, windows, etc). And the engine failed the day after I paid it off. Now I drive a Toyota Prius and I love it - and it's paid off!

B - coffee & protein

L - yogurt & almonds

d - leftover cheeseburger

S - roasted veggies

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

SkinnyNikki7
on 7/7/18 8:41 am - Vineland, NJ
VSG on 08/13/12

Good morning all! Rough night for me didn't eat dinner and was just feeling really emotional and cried a lot. On Day 7 of getting my healthy lifestyle back and I think emotionally its just been taking a toll. Plus my first weigh in is tomorrow and I think deep down I'm just stressing about it. It's actually really nice today cooled down and no humidity. Probably take the kids to visit my mom and grandmom today they only live 2 blocks away.

QOTD - I would have to say pretty much every cell phone I ever choose! They never want to work and cost way too much money. Stuck with it until I can upgrade but honestly every phone I end up with ends up being junk.

B - coffee and Caramel Premier protein

L - Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

D - Cheesy Taco Pasta

S - Skinny mozzarella sticks or protein bar

E - 30 min Jog/Walk, Alternate heel touchers, Crunches

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

Height = 5'2 Age = 37 Surgery Date = August 13, 2012 HW = 231lbs LW = 131lbs

Regain SW = 209.6 CW = 191.2 Goal Weight = 157.6 lbs

The only way you will see results is if you stay consistent!

Teresa G.
on 7/7/18 9:28 am
VSG on 06/07/18 with

I'm sorry you also had an emotional day. I hope your days get much much better.

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

PCBR
on 7/7/18 9:51 am

I'm sorry that you had a rough night. Maybe it's a good sign that you're body is going through some good changes. Whatever it is, be good to yourself. I bet your weigh in will be fine.

Most Active
Recent Topics