Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, 6/23/18

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/18 4:03 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! It's very early. I am getting stuck doing one on one observations a lot more than I planned and hoped for. Getting a break to eat is not always going to happen. I missed a whole meal and I'm feeling pretty lethargic and weak as the day is nearing an end for me. I may have spoke too soon about not wanting to get my protein and nutrition from drinks or bars! I am going to have to keep easy things in hand that do not require a fridge.

In other news, I am only 5lbs away from my goal weight. I am happy, yes, but I have been happy this whole time. I do feel relieved that with my diet and major schedule change that the weight still came off. A stall at first, then a couple quick drops. I've suddenly added in more fiber, so I wonder if that will cause another stall. Really I think I am over thinking my nutrition, but I have learned that over thinking is my middle name.

QOTD: With the 4th of July coming up for us Americans, what is your favorite Holiday and why?

I love Halloween. I like all things spooky and scary so of course I love Halloween!

Meals for later tonight - 100 cal oatmeal, chicken sausage, 45 calorie toast

Lunch - Chicken salad

Dinner - Homemade chili

Snacks - Cashews, Greek yogurt, strawberries

914 calories, 63g carbs, 92g protein

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/23/18 4:16 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Congratulations on only 5 pounds to goal! You have had an amazing journey and over the coming months you'll figure out what works best for you to manage your eating at work and otherwise. I don't think we can ever stop being "vigilant", but if you keep your weight loss habits in your back pocket and use them whenever a "correction" is needed you'll be fine. I'm going into correction mode beginning today after 2 weeks of vacation (we fly home from Aruba today). I've had a great time and I am about 1.5 pounds over my comfortable range, but I know what to do (and you will too when you need to).

QOTD: I guess my favorite holiday is Christmas, but mainly the ones when my kids were growing up and eldest DD was still alive. After she was gone, I would grieve at the holiday and now my younger children are adults. So though I enjoy Christmas again, it isn't the same. I hope someday that I have grandchildren to revive it.

2 Years, 3 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 19 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese

L: Protein bar (traveling)

D: Protein bar (traveling)

S: Broad Bean package

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/18 5:06 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Knowing the tools to get on track if needed is such a relief!

I can understand the Holidays being hard. Are all of them very difficult or is Christmas just the worst?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/23/18 5:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Mostly Christmas as it was our big family time, but I'm used to it now. DD passed away 13.5 years ago. Thanks for asking.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

PCBR
on 6/23/18 8:38 am

I am so sorry you had to and continue to go through this. I bet you gave her wonderful Christmases.

yvonnef1964
on 6/23/18 6:01 am, edited 6/22/18 11:01 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

The day I could sleep in, I was up before 5 am. But I feel refresh compared to Thursday and Friday.

I got my first paycheck yesterday, it was a surprise because I thought it was next Friday.

Qotd the 4th of July is sad for me now, it?s when my mom passed away. I think Christmas is the one I enjoy even though the holidays aren't the same since my mom passed.

Going to my longtime friend and her 2 grandkids to her company picnic. It sounded like fun from what she said.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and pork and beans

L hopefully chicken

D depends where I am and what I have to eat at the picnic

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 6/23/18 10:21 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I'm sorry about your mom Ynonne Congratulations on your first paycheck, a very nice surprise!

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/18 4:13 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

That first paycheck of a job is so nice. I just got mine from my new one and it's slating! Especially when you have been off work.

TeenSleever
on 6/23/18 6:58 am, edited 6/22/18 11:58 pm

QOTD: my favourite holiday is Christmas! I like getting cozy with a hot drink while reading on Christmas early morning, buying presents for my friends, winter themed candles, and spending lots of time with my mom cooking!

B: smoothie (0% plain greek yogurt, frozen pineapple, frozen strawberries, Jordan?s SF coconut syrup)

L: boiled eggs

D: lamb shank, corn on the cobb

S: string cheese

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/18 4:22 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Coconut syrup? I haven't seen that flavor yet. I love the SF syrups. My favorite is peanut butter cup from skinny girl syrups. I add it to my iced coffees.

Most Active
Recent Topics