Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, June 22, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/18 12:28 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Those pictures are gorgeous! I especially love the second one.

Good afternoon, all! I am drinking a bit of coffee with some almond milk and have already gotten most of my meals for tonight prepared. Have felt like I've been in a haze of sinus medication the last few days and think maybe it was more of a cold than just allergies, but I seem to have gotten over it. A friend said most people get sick early on when they get a new job. New germs and all that!

My menu is looking a little insane, or I guess I should say long since it is ingredient after ingredient. I need to see if I can make some combined meals on MFP so when I select it it will just say "Salad with chicken" or something like that to cut down on length. Am playing around with my menu quite a bit more, mostly I have cut down on my protein some by my surgeon's request in favor of a bit more fiber, which I know dang well I need because living on miralax isn't a long term goal. Am going to cut back just a tad on dairy, but will keep my greek yogurt. Why are there always so many goals to juggle?! I think it's just overwhelming because I haven't had to think about it much. I did protein/dairy for over a year and it's all I did. Adding in new things to meet other nutrition goals feels like a foreign land of choices and I hate too many choices.

I also am wanting to try and get more of my protein from whole foods, rather than supplements. Still will keep them, because there will be days that I absolutely need them, but over all I think I can do OK with a bit more effort. On another note. 5 more lbs to goal weight!

Teresa G.
on 6/22/18 1:29 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

Hello Sleevers! I had a post yesterday, but closed the window before I posted it. For what it's worth, I love traveling solo. LOL Liz, your pictures are amazing. What's the heat/humidity like in Aruba? I don't tolerate wet heat very well.

QOTD: I figure they'll be taking me out from my job on a gurney. I'd love to think I'll retire in 7 or so years, but honestly, I'll be bored out of my gourd and probably eating cat food if I did. Though between my retirement and social security I may be ok.

I'm tolerating most everything I've tried pretty good. I made a shrimp ceviche yesterday for lunch and it was so freaking good...but my stomach didn't think too much of it. I didn't get the foamies or throw up, but my stomach/intestines were not happy for pretty much the rest of the day. I gave the rest of it to my husband.

Today's menu:

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/22/18 2:06 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It takes a while to get used to eating some things and sometimes especially early on you have too much before you realize it.

Aruba is warm and windy all the time (day and night). So though it is always about 80-85, there is a warm breeze blowing. I especially love the air at night. And of course the water is amazing. Warm, but not too warm.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Whatzit28
on 6/22/18 2:33 pm
VSG on 06/20/18

Week 1 clear liquids.

Isopure 12 oz

decaf tea 8oz

protwin jello 4 oz

crystal light with isopure powder 24oz (took 4 hours)

chicken broth with isopure 6 oz.

ice pop

Getting this liquid In is hard

PCBR
on 6/22/18 7:52 pm

Oh! Thanks for the beautiful pics

I'm on Day 3 of pureed diet. Fun times! It's a lot of work, but so much better than one month of full liquids. I'm trying to diversify and get back in some fiber, vitamins and minerals from food sources.

B-Icelandic Skyr ~4oz

S-I was bad and skipped..this set me up for hunger all this afternoon :(

L - Shredded chicken and mashed up avocado

S - Spoonful of hummus

D- Shredded chicken and plain sweet potato

As for the QOTD: I don't know! I can say this: My parents are older, but in physical and mental condition that is superior to other people their age. I really think it is because they are both still working!

Most Active
Recent Topics