The killjoy of comparison

Caff
on 6/20/18 2:22 pm

Yes! Support from friends and family is wonderful but at the end of the day this is a solo journey. Which makes it all the more rewarding when you have success ?.

Referral - 05/16, Orientation @ HRH - 19/08/16, Surgeon - 06/04/17, NUT/SW/RN - 26/6/17 VSG - 11/10/17 Pre-Op - 27 lbs M1: 22 lbs M2: 14 lbs M3: 11 lbs M4: 13 lbs M5: 9 lbs M6: 9 lbs M7: 7 lbs

mommy2jude
on 6/21/18 7:21 am - Jacksonville, FL
Revision on 12/08/15

Oh man, I can totally relate to this! I work with someone who had VSG at the same practice last fall. Now granted, he had way more weight to lose (me 60 vs. him 100+), but his immediate success has been frustrating, and he was food policing me for a time, and I finally had to say "enough is enough." It has been difficult for me to attend the meetings our practice has, due to time constraints, but he always lectures me about that.

Basically, we all have our own journey to make, and we have to do what is best for us. But it sure can play mind games!

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

Most Active
Recent Topics