Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, 6/14/2018

Gwen M.
on 6/14/18 4:43 am, edited 6/14/18 4:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning menu crew! I'll get this started before heading out to run since it's the coolest time of the day right now - only 70F. Yay summer :P

The schoolwork I planned to finish yesterday ended up requiring more work than I thought it would, but I finished my posts for this week and today I'll finish up my reading and posts for next week! Later today Art and I are going to vote and then I need to pack for my weekend visit to my mom. Hopefully it'll be an enjoyable sort of day.

QOTD: What's worth spending more on to get the best? (Doesn't need to be WLS related - I'll put my answer in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: leftover sous vide pork tenderloin (sous vide has become my favorite kitchen gadget ever, and I think it's perfect for those of us who eat a lot of meat!)
3: sous vide pulled pork (I got it going yesterday. 24 hour sous vide followed by 1-2 hours in the oven or smoker to finish.)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running, yoga stretching

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/14/18 6:11 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I can't believe the end of the week is approaching. I am noticing that though our vacation is going fast, it doesn't bother me as much now that I am retired (though we have a 2nd week here anyway). I won't be returning to work, but to Cape Cod in the summer (my happy place). This will be my first summer there not working.

QOTD: Hmmm... Maybe good quality clothing, though I don't like to pay full price on principle and love to get it via consignment. I pay a lot for Bariatric vitamins for the convenience. And yes, for some cuts of meat and for fresh fi**** is definitely worth paying more.

2 Years, 2.5 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Dinner out - something protein rich

S: Protein cake bite (1 for dessert)

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Gwen M.
on 6/14/18 7:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I feel this way about a lot of durable goods these days. I've learned my lesson over the years buying cheaper things that don't last. Furniture is often worth what you pay. I've found this to be true with coats and luggage as well. Good running shoes are worth extra money. I'm also willing to spend more money for higher quality ingredients.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/14/18 8:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yes, I agree on all those too!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Jess Says Yes
on 6/14/18 8:28 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning everyone! It's a hot & sunny Thursday here. My morning group went really well so that always boosts my mood. I'm on a 13 day meditation streak and doing well on my fitness challenge, so I feel like I'm kicking June's ass! I'm going to meet my mom for a walk & a swim again. I really enjoy that.

QOTD: We were poor when I was growing up and my mom is incredibly frugal, and she passed that on to me! I struggle to pay a lot for anything. It really makes me feel stressed. With one exception, I think it's totally worth it to pay for musical theatre & concert tickets. I guess you could say it better quality entertainment haha! I'm always willing to splurge on an amazing experience :)

B - coffee & protein

L - leftover grassfed ribeye

D - shrimp ceviche on a toasted tortilla

S - baby bel cheddar

E - lunges, crunches, donkey kicks

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

corriev
on 6/14/18 9:55 am
VSG on 03/06/18

Hello Folks,

QOTD - a good fishing rod and reel and quality fishing line.. always better spending the few extra dollars.

my meal plan is SOS again today.

B - Protein Shake

S - Skyr yogurt

L - Tuna in water with cottage cheese and salsa

S - poached microwave egg

D - BBQ Chicken breast with Catalina salsa and a dollop of cottage cheese.

S - walk past bbq left over snack

MFP says.

cal - 580

Prot - 100

Carb - 22

fat - 11

All Vits and Water

Kristi T.
on 6/14/18 10:17 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I hope everyone is doing well today. I was able to sit out in the sun from 9am-10am, then the clouds, cold and wind came rushing in as usual lately. Taking it easy today, I over did it in the yard yesterday and am paying for it today:-)

QOTD-Shoes for sure, since I have crippled arthritic toes I am willing to pay for comfortable athletic shoes, hiking shoes and good sandals. I am also very willing to pay for good fresh roasted coffee. Lastly, skin care is another product I am willing to spend money on.

B-Greek yogurt w/pumpkin, stevia and walnuts

L-Hb egg and string cheese

S-Chai tea, 1/2 grapefruit if needed

D-Baked cod, steamed zucchini and quinoa

E-short hike with Emmy

Have a good Thursday!

ShirlAus
on 6/14/18 1:14 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Good Morning - FRIYAY here - wahooooo. I am quickly working for a few hours at home then heading over to my mums to work as they have a scheduled all day power outage. I think shes looking forward to having me and rang last night to say she has organised my lunch etc. Kinda sweet.

QOTD: Whilst I love a bargin - I shop mainly at op shops for my clothes etc now - I also will buy quality cookware (pots etc) appliances etc. My theory mostly is you get what you pay for with a lot of stuff like that. In saying that I will always price shop and try to find the item at the cheapest price. $$$ better in our pocket than theirs - ha ha ha

B: Zuchinni Loaf

L: No Idea - Mums organised

D: Leftovers night - will be meat n salad I think

Have a wonderful evening all :)

Shirley

(deactivated member)
on 6/14/18 3:41 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! It is a very, very hot day today. Yuck! I slept through most of the hot part though. I got pulled into a one on one observation just like I said had the chance of happening my last post lol. I sat in the dark for 11 hours out of my shift and thought I was going to go nuts. At one point sitting and doing nothing and being paid for it sounded amazing, but I was chomping at the bit to get out of there! Sat and watched netflix all night mostly while the patient snored away. After the shift was done, I was more tired and sore and achy than if I had just worked the normal shift.

QOTD: Shoes and a mattress. A good mattress is everything.

Meals for the day, not what I have eaten already, but what I will be eating through the evening and night since I must stay up through the night.

Teresa G.
on 6/14/18 4:07 pm
VSG on 06/07/18 with

After my mini-meltdown this morning, I'm not too excited about what I'm going to drink today. I know I need to keep up on the water and protein though, so drink it is.

QOTD: It's gotta be food. I try to get only organic with most produce, especially strawberries, peppers, green beans...basically anything that grows above ground. There's a farm in my town that is very well-known and popular for their organic strawberries...smaller than the ones you see in the store, and so sweet. I'm kind of sad that I'm not able to enjoy their berries for this season. We were going to get some to freeze, but there's nothing like sweet strawberries right out of the field. I also buy buffalo meat and try to stay away from meat in the grocery store. We're really cutting down on red meat anyway, so spending more on prairie buffalo is worth it to us. And seafood...we have a great seafood market in town with everything wild, nothing is farmed.

B: Jay Robb protein and almond milk (The Jay Robb is the best protein powder I have had to date)

S: Iconic protein drink

L: Buffalo Bone Broth

S: Protein Jello

D: Some kind of soup

S: thinned yogurt (1/2)

Teresa (WA State)

VSG on June 7, 2018 (At age 59)
Start of Program (1-1-18): 303 n Surgery Weight: 260 n CW (10-16-18): 203.4 n GW: 175 (first goal)

Most Active
Recent Topics