Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, June 8

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/18 4:08 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good very early morning! I only have an hour left of my night shift so thought I would get started. Ya my first night and I am less dead than I thought I would be. Around 2-3 there was a definite lull and I was tired, but I took in some coffee. It is very quiet though. Another girl told me to bring something to do lol.

QOTD:My brain feels tired, so an easy one. What is your current favorite food? I find my favorite food has changed a lot since surgery. I won't eat my favorite food from when I was SMO so I have cultivated a new love. I loooove Greek yogurt. Flavored and plain.

Was t sure if I wanted to post the meals I already ate, or my meals for my next work period. Decided to go with what I ate already. Can't post a picture :(

Breakfast - Danon Lite and Fit Greek with bear naked granola

Lunch - Riced cauliflower, grilled chicken, hot and sour Vietnamese sambul sauce (only 20cal a serving and is delicious)

Dinner - 97% lean ground beef, cheese sauce, sour cream

Snacks - 100 cal almond pack, quest protein shake, 3 oz premier as creamer

Totals - 941 cal, 57 carbs, 112 protein

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/8/18 4:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. We are doing our final packing for Aruba (leaving at 6:30 am tomorrow). Here's a picture from our patio there:

QOTD: My favorite meal is eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon. My favorite food category is fish. These are new since surgery. In fact, I was never much of a fish eater in the past.

2 Years, 2 months post-op (maintaining at goal for 18 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Emiepie egg salad

D: Salmon

S: yogurt?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/18 4:34 am
VSG on 01/12/17

That's beautiful! I'm so jealous of your view!

Fish is a big taste change for me too. Before I only wanted breaded fish and fried. Now I love fish baked, broiled, and especially blackened.

mmsmom
on 6/8/18 5:22 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Glad your first "night" wasn't too bad. And, Liz, what a fantastic view.

QOTD: I go through phases where I will eat the same breakfast for six months - or lunch etc. Lately, the only thing I can say I have been stuck on is bad - frozen custard. It used to be about 20 miles to the only frozen custard shop in the area and I would have it 2-3 times a year. Well, now they opened 2 miles from my house. It's not good! Well, the custard is good, lol. I've tried to limit myself to a kiddie size and share it with the dog. I've looked on line and a small is about 350 calories, so I figure the kiddie with the dog is 200 - still alot of add to my day. I also know a good compromise would be to walk there - but that hasn't happened yet.

B: italian bread toasted, iced coffee

L: leftover chicken with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, lemon-wine sauce

D: have a prime rib defrosted - but the oven is in the middle of the kitchen - that's not going to happen lol

VSG on 04/28/2014

Gwen M.
on 6/8/18 6:45 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I've been having trouble "doing things" in the last few weeks. I got sick after my big trip, felt mostly better before leaving for Boston, and then got sick again. Then, yesterday, I got Invisalign and my mouth hurts a lot. I really just want to sleep all the time. Not useful for a student who has deadlines.

QOTD: Sous vide and seared steak. Skirt steak is probably my favorite, but I like other kinds too!

1: protein shake
2-3: something soft

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

yvonnef1964
on 6/8/18 7:42 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hope you feel better soon

corriev
on 6/8/18 7:40 am
VSG on 03/06/18

QOTD - I enjoy a few Pistachio nuts as a treat.. gives me a nice uplift.

Its Friday - whoop whoop.

Have a blessed day.

B - Protein shake

S - Skyr yogurt

L - Tuna with Tomato

S - Poached egg in microwave

D - BBQ Chicken breast with grilled veg

S - Cottage Cheese

All Vits and Water

MFP Says.

Cal : 516

Carb - 18

Prot - 89

fat - 10

yvonnef1964
on 6/8/18 7:41 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I went to the bariatric dr last Monday and she looked at my food journal, said I needed more vegetables and fiber. Also I was consuming a lot of Splenda and she said it would cause the sugar cravings. So I just started putting half of pack in my coffee with my fairlife milk or just flavored creamer in my coffee. Stopped the crystal light too. I haven't had the cravings for sugar this week. Today I decided not to put any Splenda in my coffee and it taste fine. Also got on the scale and lost 2.5 pounds since Monday. Getting the extra fiber in my diet, I haven't had to use Miralax this week.

Qotd I always love my breakfast and lunches I have on a daily basis. Steak is my favorite.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and asparagus

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D it's support group tonight but they been serving high carbs meals so I'll either have a protein bar or wait till I get home and have keto lasagna and some kind of vegetable

Have a good day

Jess Says Yes
on 6/8/18 9:08 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi everyone! Just finished presenting at a library symposium. It went well and I'm SO glad it's over. I'm super comfortable speaking in front of a group of clients, but any other public speaking makes me so nervous.

QOTD: It's hard to choose between cheese & seafood! I love them both equally. But honestly my favorite thing right now is my morning iced coffee with a caramel protein shake poured into it. (I even use coffee ice cubes to keep it from getting watery). I look forward to it every day!

B - coffee & protein

L - Brie & almonds

D - chicken taco with cheddar and tomatoes

E - meeting mom for a walk and a swim again :)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 6/8/18 10:20 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yeah, coffee has also become a passion of mine.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Most Active
Recent Topics