Funny NSV

(deactivated member)
on 5/24/18 2:42 pm, edited 5/27/18 4:48 am
VSG on 10/11/16

It was funny for me. I?ve gotten similar reactions a couple of times where people just blurt out an expletive when I respond to their question about how much I?ve lost. One was from the woman who does the scheduling for my surgeon. When I told her, she said "GET THE *** FUDuuuudge out!" Then she turned beet red. I told her I?d heard lots worse. But anyway...

I was in a local restaurant with a friend/student for lunch after teaching her chainsaw techniques all morning long. Shortly after sitting down, a vaguely familiar looking woman comes up to me and says, "Don?t I know you from somewhere?" I knew I did, but I couldn?t quite place her. While I was thinking on it, she says, "You've lost a lot of weight, haven?t you?"

My friend Carol pipes up. "He?s just about half the man he used to be!" I said that was pretty close to true. The woman went on to say she was a waitress at the local Cracker Barrel, and it all clicked. I remembered her name and everything, even though I hadn?t seen her in over a year and a half. I would go in for breakfast and we would joke around. But since surgery, my forays into there have been dramatically curtailed. So then she asked me how much weight I?d lost. I said, "218 lbs as of this morning".

"HOLY SHI...!!! I mean, you look great!!! That?s incredible!" We talked for a couple minutes more, and she repeated a few times how good I looked. I?m starting to get a swelled head here from all the compliments from various ladies. Of course, now I have to go to breakfast at Cracker Barrel so I can catch up with her. Bacon, eggs, and hold the biscuits.

Nebby
on 5/24/18 5:29 pm
VSG on 05/03/18

I am 3 weeks post op but I have lost a total of 60 lbs since December. I saw some old co-workers this morning for the first time since January and they about had a fit! It made me feel great, and I've still got another 80-100 lbs to lose.

HW: 348

Consult: 330 lbs

Surgery date: 5/3/2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/18 3:49 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

It has been great shocking people all along the way. Good for you!

Shannon S.
on 5/26/18 5:26 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Got to be a great feeling! Great NSV!

Most Active
Recent Topics