Fell off the wagon

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 5/26/18 12:35 pm, edited 5/26/18 5:36 am

I just went to the grocery store today for the first time since getting back on track. Took me twice as long because I was reading everything. I had my 8 yr old with me who wanted every sweet carb thing he could find. I made sure to buy only ones that I'm not to fond of to help me not feel as tempted. I too am noticing the cravings aren't as bad. My biggest battle is late night snacking. I would find my self actually waking up at night craving sweets. Although I know it's not the best idea I have resorted to sucking on sugar free hard candy or sugar free mint gum when a craving hits and it has helped a lot. For the weekend BBQ I stocked up on meats that we can grill and hummus for me.

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/18 4:57 pm

I have done the same thing at night when I want something bad popped a sugar free werther candy ... better alternative and it helps!

I know what you mean about grocery shopping we have to ensure high protein things that will allow us to lose weight when also considering our families and what they like and want.

i am lucky that when I go to bed (usually by 10 pm) I rarely wake up unless it is to quickly go to the bathroom and never go downstairs to eat. Even before surgery not something I did but I know some others are plagued with that problem. Very tough.

Right now is getting easier with a few days of white knuckle and eating whole and protein foods. Temptation still looms at times. Like tonight when I went out with hubby and kids for an ice cream but I was good and did not have any. Feeling strong!

I def notice holidays and vacations set me off! I had both in April and it took me terrible long time this time to get my act together. Self sabotage when almost back where I want to be.

you sound like your on a good track too .... enjoy your BBQ and the holiday weekend!

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 5/26/18 5:06 pm

Got word today that a very close family member passed away unexpectedly. I popped open an Angry Orchard and drank it, afterwards I put it into my food log app and saw that it took me over my carb intake for the day. My intitial reaction was to beat myself up. Then the lightbulb in my brain went off and I realized it was fixable. After dinner I walked an extra two miles to burn it off. Ultimately I will never be perfect at this but a slip up isn't a reason to give up, you just have to do what you can to move forward. This page really helps me to stay on track and accountable.

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/18 5:20 am

Sorry about your loss.

You handled your slip perfectly. Not easy.

I agree I did not look for and find this group until a little over a year ago when I was struggling and realized I was missing support from my life. Now I am here pretty much daily.

Most Active
Recent Topics