Surgery Date: Wednesday, May 23rd

Kmrom87
on 5/21/18 8:47 am
VSG on 05/23/18

So, I've gotten my surgery date for the VSG on Wednesday and as the days grow near I have more anxiety. I have a history of GAD and Panic Disorder and I feel that I'm constantly fearing the worst.

I am a nervous wreck this morning. I'm sure that Wednesday morning is going to be a lot worse.

I, keep thinking way too much. I'm just afraid that I can't do it. Like I won't be able to do it after surgery, like I won't get enough liquids. I'm afraid I'm going to dehydrate. I'm afraid of the risks of blood clots, leaks, or something worse like death occurring. Saturday I spent all day writing all of my loved ones letters and crying in case something happened.

???????????????

I really wish that I could be at ease.

I'm really anxious with any procedure. I just feel like this one is more serious.

Kathy S.
on 5/21/18 9:58 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

shunt1960
on 5/21/18 9:59 am
VSG on 04/28/10 with

You really, really, need to step back and breath. Stress before surgery is not a good thing. Have faith in your doctor and think positive.

If you do everything your doctor tells you to you will be fine. You will make it work. Yes, there are things that can go wrong but they don't too often. Think of the prize at the end.

You've got this.

Kmrom87
on 5/21/18 10:20 am
VSG on 05/23/18

Yes, I know. I'm trying to use a lot of meditation along with my anxiety medication and write out my feelings.

I trust my doctor, I guess it's just fear the unknown a lot.

Acedding27
on 5/21/18 10:10 am
VSG on 12/14/17

I had the same issues; in the end, however, I knew that I would die if I didn't have the surgery. Don't get me wrong; I was 378 at my consult and generally in good health besides the obesity...but I know it wouldn't have lasted long. I was headed for a wheelchair within the next decade and it made the decision easy.

I have social anxiety and general anxiety, and it gets bad. My meds help. I thought for sure I was going to have deep vein thrombosis or an embolism or something CRAZY. But it was fine. It was a quick, laparoscopic surgery. I woke up in pain but they quickly took care of that. The gas pains were horrible, but walking fixed it. I stayed one night and slept in the recliner a few nights. It was okay. Honestly, my wisdom teeth and tonsils were both MUCH WORSE.

Now, here I am...6 months later and 100 pounds lighter. It's worth it. Focus on the positive. Distract yourself. CONGRATULATIONS! You GOT THIS!

Amanda 12/2016 HW: 393 11/2017 Consult: 378 12/2018 SW: 350

2/2018: 309 3/6/2018: Broke a barrier! 297 4/2018: 286 5/2018: 279

Pre-op: -28 M1: -25 M2: -16 M3: -12 M4: -11 M5: -7

Short-term Goal: 250 by August 15th!

Kmrom87
on 5/21/18 10:26 am
VSG on 05/23/18

Thank you so much for your response. It means a lot hearing another person with anxiety and panic attacks side of view towards procedures.

I have thought of the very same things. And it's scared me, I worry about my children in the end if something were to happen.

I want to keep faith in God mainly, but that the doctors will know what their doing and that God will be with them during the procedure.

I am glad to hear that your procedure went well. Congratulations on so much that you've accomplished.

YYC_Healthy
on 5/22/18 11:21 am
VSG on 05/23/18

I am waiting around (anxiously ) for my call as to what time my surgery is tomorrow. I have a ride there this afternoon, about an a hour and a half from me. Nervous about the call so I'm not worrying about anything else. I have had lots of water, apple juice and am going out to get Gatorade or something like that, soon. I wish you luck. It's going to be great. Just think how better we are going to be feeling in a few short weeks! I will be thinking of you.

Most Active
Recent Topics