New here and anxious

Lucidsunshine
on 5/14/18 10:57 am

I have my echo next week and the approval for my surgery on June 25th. Now I'm anxious and second guessing myself.

I chickened out of the lap band 2years ago.

M-L

Kathy S.
on 5/14/18 11:56 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Grim_Traveller
on 5/14/18 12:02 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

You were wise to skip the band. You'd have been sorry, for sure. But I hope you go through with this surgery. Youll be glad you did.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Jess Says Yes
on 5/14/18 12:19 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Welcome! It's so normal to feel nervous about this decision. It's life changing. I'm still a newbie at only 7 months post-op, but so far I'm very very grateful I had wls. Good luck with everything!

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

lzola3
on 5/14/18 3:00 pm
VSG on 04/23/18

I also was going to have gastric bypass four years ago. I had done so well on the diet plan decided not to do it. After several years I gained back the weight. I am only a month out from my sleeve and have not regretted my decision. You I'll know when your ready. Nerves are normal.

Shannon S.
on 5/14/18 5:17 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I'm only 6mnths out and I feel like this is the best decision I could have made for myself. VSG is a great surgery!

PCBR
on 5/14/18 11:27 pm

My date is coming up and I feel nervous, too. I know folks who did VSG and everyone says I'm only gonna wish I did it sooner. Sometimes, I go to a dark place and ruminate--I think "how did I let myself get to a place like this--how can I do something so gruesome as removing a body part!" Then I remind myself that I've lost and gained hundreds of pounds--yo yo-Ing since I was what--10-maybe younger? I realize now these years of up and down killed my metabolism and my faith in myself--all for a mission where I had less than a 5% chance of success. I can't go back and fix my metabolism, I can't go back and tell 14 year old me that no, 2 slimfast shakes a day and a piece of lettuce isn't OK for your body. But now there is a tool that increases my odds of regaining some of my vitality--and dam I'm going to use it.

good luck to you! Let freakin' do this and free up all the time we spend agonizing, all the wasted mental load---let's take this chance to put all that energy to better use.

elleina77
on 5/21/18 9:30 am
VSG on 09/19/17

I have second guessed myself so many times before doing the surgery and honestly I'm glad I waited until I felt I was ready to handle it. But I have also found that even post op I ask myself if I did the right thing. But that's because of my own insecurities and because sometimes I worry about it becoming more about the numbers than me being healthy. It's a really struggle trying to balance being healthy vs worrying about the numbers. I worry about the pressure I feel from all the doctors and my family for losing weight because I know it's a slippery slope and trying to be healthy can turn into eating disorders. But I also have to remind myself that I have tried every diet known to man to try and lose weight and keep it off. What helped me through the self doubt pre op was weighing the pros and cons...to me the pros out weighted any of the cons because where before I couldn't get down on the floor to play with my furry babies and nieces and nephews now I'm capable. That alone made it worth it. Now I'm getting excited because I've realized that it won't be long before I'll be able to sit on my husbands lap again which I haven't been able to do since I was about 26 years old and that feels amazing to think about.

Most Active
Recent Topics