Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, May 8, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/18 5:00 am, edited 5/8/18 5:11 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! I'm up early, so thought I would get us started. To start and make sure I'm accountable, I did not follow my meal plan around dinner time. Instead I ended up being asked out for dinner and we grabbed mexican. I ate a portion of a half order of chicken nachos and tried to stick to just the chicken, but of course I ate some chips with it. All night I was so mad at myself that it kept me up. Around midnight I took a deep breath and called myself an idiot. Yes, it was a stupid food choice and the scale was 3oz more than it should have been, but I'm also an idiot for it making me upset enough to not sleep. I knew I wasn't going to make the same choice today, and I knew I would be right back to my plan and going to the gym. Sometimes it's so hard to not let those things really get to me.

Other than that, we had a great time! I don't think the extra calories are really super helpful like my surgeon wanted, but more where I'm getting the current ones I have. A bit more vegetables in my diet will go a long way for me in particular, I think. I've added some fruit since two containers of blueberries and raspberries were bought for me, but I'd prefer to get my carbs from vegetables for energy. My heart tests came back fantastic, so it has to be just the way I'm eating maybe. I hope anyway! Making a veggie plan of attack to fit in my own diet plan rather than one my surgeon wants me to adhere to. I understand what he wants me to eat to keep losing, but it's too much and I know it is too much. I am sure I'll lose going up to 900ish, but like a slug. I'm sprinting to the finish line, not casually jogging for a participation ribbon.

Posting pics of my started flower beds to general today!

QOTD: What's one surprising change in your taste in food since after surgery?

My handling of sweets isn't nearly like it used to be. I could eat super sweet things before and loved it. I still have a sweet tooth, but now very sweet makes me cringe and my stomach hurt. Only big sweets I'm trying to still kick is sweet tea that I'm sweetening with artificial sweetener. Dang artificial sweetener and keeping me hooked.

mmsmom
on 5/8/18 5:41 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning!

QOTD: After surgery I lost my taste for coffee and sweets/fats were not tolerated. My taste for coffee returned (only cold) and after about a year, I could eat some sweets, provided I had already eaten real food - then they digest ok. Obviously, eating sweets is not a good idea - but 4 years out, I sometimes indulge.

B: slice out of a bagel, toasted w peanut butter and a banana

L: leftover salad with grilled salmon

D: no kitchen still - idk

E: walk at lunch?

L/V: on track

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/18 7:21 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL! Before WLS, I only drank one cup of coffee a day and only to wake up. Now I have 4 and would drink many more if not for the caffeine!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Jess Says Yes
on 5/8/18 6:47 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning all! I am on family vacation this week but wanted to swing by and check in. Things are going great and we did our first day at universal yesterday. I stuck to my plan (whi*****luded a few bites of butter beer ice cream). Last time I went to the park I was a hundred pounds bigger and had a hurt foot. I had to skip some rides and spent a lot of time in a wheelchair. Yesterday I walked 6 miles and only skipped rides if they scared me haha. What a HUGE difference! I am still exhausted and sore today though. 10 hour of standing and walking, my legs are shot. So today will be a lounge by/in the pool day!

QOTD: I haven't noticed a change in taste. My cravings have diminished, but I anticipate they may return in due time.

B - Coffee & protein shake

l - triple zero yogurt & nuts

d - chicken taco with a bit of guacamole

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/18 6:52 am
VSG on 01/12/17

How fun! I can't wait to get to the amusement park in my area and ride some rides. I haven't been able to fit in one in a long time. It's a great feeling isn't it?

Jess Says Yes
on 5/11/18 7:07 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Yes, it is a such great feeling to be apart of it all instead of jus****ching from the sidelines. :)

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/18 7:23 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I went to Universal last month as a "thin" person for the first time. Though I had a lot more stamina and my back and legs didn't hurt, I was still exhausted and had sore feet after a couple of long days. I still felt like I needed a vacation after the vacation!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Jess Says Yes
on 5/11/18 7:06 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Haha, Liz that's how I'm feeling right about now!

Jess

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/18 7:19 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I've done the same thing when I started with good intentions then ate something I hadn't planned on. We need to not beat ourselves up. I just replied to another post that I find my daily weigh-in to be like a "reset"button where the previous days indiscretions are forgiven and I start anew.

As to calories, I stayed as low as I could until I hit maintenance. I did take all my vitamins, optimized protein and ate a small amount of veggies. I eat more veggies and some fruits now, but don't even track the low calorie ones (like green beans and broccoli). I think you were doing great before Mersh.

QOTD: The biggest surprise is how much I now enjoy fish. Before WLS, I would only eat very white, mild fish and shellfish and almost never as my first choice (except lobster). Now I love fish and have tried and enjoyed many types I wouldn't touch before.

2 Years, 1.5 months post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Hake (a fish) or Salmon at DS's restaurant

S: yogurt

(deactivated member)
on 5/8/18 8:07 am
VSG on 01/12/17

I think I was too! It's a weird disconnect since I have an urge to do what a doctor tells me to, but I know what's been working for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics