Anyone try intermittent fasting on VSG?

valexi
on 5/9/18 9:16 am - Canada

Thank you Cynthia, makes sense!!!

if you can survive st 5'11 the. That's an insperation! Will aim for 900-1000

im also on synthroid and have been taking it later due to fasting.

Will take them in am as usual again.

what do you eat? Can you give me examples? Thanks :)

val

MarinaGirl
on 5/9/18 12:41 pm

Tips for taking thyroid medication:

1. Take it at the same time everyday
  2. Wait 1 hour before eating breakfast or drinking coffee (if taken in the morning)
  3. Many things can impede absorption of thyroid medication so delay consumption by 2-4 hours: e.g. iron, calcium, antacids, insulin
  4. Anti-depressants and cold medicine can interfere with thyroid medication

Speak with your doctor and pharmacist about all meds, vitamins, or supplements you are taking so they can properly inform you of interferences.

valexi
on 5/9/18 6:30 pm - Canada

OH boy! Was taking synthroid with my coffee every morning!?

thanks for the info!

NYMom222
on 5/9/18 6:12 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am not currently in that calorie range because I am in maintenance. You sounded worried you were only eating 900.... when you have enough still to lose it's not a problem. That being said I think it's OK to have a range of calories. A day I chose fish wasn't going to be the same as a day I chose steak. I always focused on counting protein grams and fluids as a priority.

Easy way they taught us to count protein- an ounce of any meat or fish, an egg, or a ¼ cup of cottage cheese are all 7g. There maybe slight variation but it's close enough to get you there.

My best advice is hang out on the daily menu threads. Don't be afraid to go over to the Gastric Bypass/RNY one as well... we eat the same.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

valexi
on 5/9/18 6:28 pm - Canada

Ok! Thank you! Will check it out!

Keep up your great work! ?ð?'

mi75
on 5/17/18 11:21 am
VSG on 06/01/14

I do LCHF and incorporate IF as part of it. I am 4 years post VSG and all of my docs, including my surgeon are totally on board with this style of eating for me.

It works great for me, and has helped me lose >40 lbs of regain in about 5 months. My keto macros are calculated and I work with a lifting trainer weekly.

Finally getting where I want to be and have about 20 lbs until my ultimate goal

Most Active
Recent Topics