Surgery Scheduled for 6/6

DWall85
on 5/2/18 4:37 pm
VSG on 06/06/18

Hi Everyone,

My surgery is scheduled for 6/6/18 and I've done a ton of research plus met with the doctors and everything but I'd like to hear some tips and first hand experiences from some people who have had the surgery done

Thanks in advance

CC C.
on 5/3/18 5:24 pm

Welcome!

Spend a lot of time going through past posts on this subject. There's a lot of good information on here that addresses your question.

A common suggestion you'll see is to use the time from now to your surgery to focus on changing your habits. thinks like avoiding drinking liquids with meals or 30 minutes after. Wean off of carbonated drinks and sugary drinks. Start focusing on getting at least 60-70 grams of protein a day if you don't already. Start drinking at minimum 64 oz of water if you don't already.

Don't hold food funerals! You'll be able to enjoy food post-surgery eventually so don't feel like you have to eat everything you love one last time.

Start weighing, measuring, and tracking your food. Apps like MyFitnessPal are very popular for this. A good kitchen scale is both inexpensive and an eye opener when it comes to portion sizes.

Consider seeing a therapist. Personally I think everyone should have one, but it's so helpful to start as soon as possible to address how you use food and to develop new coping mechanisms that don't involve eating.

Good luck! Ask specific questions if you have them!

Most Active
Recent Topics