Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Wednesday, May 2, 2018

(deactivated member)
on 5/2/18 4:34 am, edited 5/2/18 4:49 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good (very early morning) all! I didn't get a chance to pose on the meal thread yesterday, so I thought I would get this one started today since I'm up so early. I had a crazy long day. Had to do a stress test at the cardiologist, I fainted. Recovered from that, had to go get a blood test for my new job and fainted a second time lol. Yesterday morning and afternoon were not fun. On the fun side, I went on another date with someone new. I actually made a Tinder, which I never thought I would do ever in my life, but I had a lot of fun with someone super sweet. Of course, I was paranoid of being murdered at first. Thankfully, I wasn't murdered and I'm going out again this afternoon.

Today I am going out with my friend for lunch to celebrate her birthday. Hopefully going to do a bit of thrift store shopping, but we'll see. Supposedly we are going to have severe weather, but my news station isn't known for their weather accuracy. Either way, I live in the midwest and the "threat" of tornadoes is sort of dead to me. It's not something I get concerned with until I hear the tornado sirens blaring.

QOTD: What is a habit that's not food related that you just can't seem to break?

Mine is laundry. I'm so bad about following through with laundry. I'll wa**** and dry it and remove it from the dryer, then I just fold it up and transfer it around my room as I need to move it rather than just hanging it up.

Breakfast - Nature's own wheat + Protein bread toasted with cottage cheese and SF raspberry preserves spread on top

Lunch - Oven broiled tilapia from kid's menu at Red Lobstah

Dinner - Shredded chicken verde on Mama Lupe's low carb tortilla

Snack - Protein shake, Chobani plain Greek yogurt

Exercise - I'm still dead from the stress treadmill, so we'll just have to see about any exercise lol

Totals - 720 calories, 30g carbs, 107g protein

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/2/18 4:43 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning. It is supposed to be well up into the 70s and sunny today on Cape Cod, but windy.

I had to look up what Tinder was. I'm getting old...

QOTD: Maybe watching TV when I could be reading or doing something productive? I didn'****ch nearly as much in Florida even though it got dark earlier. However my old work habits of vegging after work by watching the TV have crept back.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Salmon and broccoli OR TJ chili lime chicken burger

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

mmsmom
on 5/2/18 4:51 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning! Yesterday the contractor said his floor guy bailed on him- today they are already at the house with a new floor guy - so apparently the floors are getting sanded/refinished. I have not prepared at all for this! Yikes.

QOTD: Surfing the web at work. I'd be so much more productive if I could just have the internet taken off my computer haha.

B: steel cut oats

L: Cinco de mayo celebration - tacos, enchilladas, quesadias, - I'll probably just have a taco/cupcake : /

D: who knows!! I have no kitchen and apparently won't be walking on my floors either. I'm sure dinner will be takeout in the new RV and tomorrow we head off to Salisbury beach for our first weekend in the new RV.

E: walk

L/V: Good

VSG on 04/28/2014

NCMTNEER13
on 5/2/18 7:37 am
VSG on 11/26/18

B: TB mini breakfast skillet (minus the hashbrowns)

L: Probably chicken wings or a hot dog (no bun) at the ballpark. My employer is having an employee day at local minor league baseball game!! This year I'll be skipping the soft drinks and beer.

D: Pork Tenderloin and brussel sprouts

Jess Says Yes
on 5/2/18 7:47 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry you fainted twice! And I'm glad you weren't murdered.

I have some data entry to do, my neurofeedback appt, and then my trauma group at the prison. Nothing too demanding today!

QOTD: Spending too much time on my phone at night! I hit all of my social media accounts, email, and news on a rotation and it makes my brain feel like mush.

B - Protein shake

L - Half of a turkey wrap

D - Cheeseburger no bun

S - Steamed zucchini

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Kristi T.
on 5/2/18 9:45 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I am glad this date went better for you, please be safe and tell someone who you are with and where you are going. Sorry, I am old and paranoid!

I was one tile away from winning two hands at Mahjong last night, maybe next week. I don't have any plans today except to keep working on an area of the yard that I had a bunch of rose hip bushes pulled out last year. It's a mess from my neighbor's snow plow, but it gives me a good physical project.

QOTD-Watching QVC(all 3 channels) and following along on my tablet in the afternoon, terrible mindless habit.

B-Bullet coffee and 1/2 Quest bar

L-Salmon w/mayo and pickles

S-Chai tea, 2 sausage links(peach bbq)

D-Grilled NY strip steak and a veggie

E-Take Emmy for a long, slow walk today

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

RobbieMcKenney
on 5/2/18 10:00 am

Glad you are having fun!

My bad habit is picking off my nail polish, which results in weak nails. My sister does the same thing. We decided to spend the money on gel nails every couple of weeks hoping that would help. It has worked for me, but not her. Still find myself picking at my nails when under stress.

Today I hit my doctor's goal weight for me, so I celebrated with a high fat breakfast. My dream goal is 19.5 pounds away!

Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs cooked in butter with cheddar cheese

Lunch - still not hungry, so probably a protein bar later

Snack - I seldom snack anymore. Usually just drink hot or iced decaf coffee since I hate water

Dinner - Not sure. Going out with Hubby and his brother who is in town for a visit

Exercise - nothing formal. Just a lot of yard work (weeding, raking, picking up dog "souvenirs", etc.)

Erin T.
on 5/2/18 10:11 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Afternoon! It's well over 80 degrees today here in Chapel Hill and I'm loving it.

QOTD: I pick at my fingernails and I always have.

15 months post-op/Maintenance/125.6lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg Cups w/ Sausage & Broccoli

M3: Chicken Sausage

M4: Leftover Pulled Pork

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

E: Maybe I'll go for another run? Yesterday felt really good.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

yvonnef1964
on 5/2/18 11:08 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

I almost overslept for my oil change appointment today. At least it was close and they had coffee.

Qotd spend too much time on my phone and iPad instead of doing things around the house.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D cheeseburger no bun and cauliflower

Have a good day

CC C.
on 5/2/18 7:30 pm, edited 5/2/18 12:30 pm

Late post!

Mersh, the fainting sounds concerning. What does your doctor say?

Today was Pilates, a 6 mile beach walk, two dog walks, and I was "good" with my eating. Yay!

QOTD: I bite my cuticles and hangnails. It's a nasty and painful habit, but I can't seem to stop. I'm also a slob around the house. It's clean, but it's messy.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - egg white, turkey sausage sandwich

D - real good pizza

S - oatmeal, berries, walnuts, protein shake

Most Active
Recent Topics