Any Snack Recommendations

Mary Gee
on 5/1/18 1:56 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Have you checked out theworldaccordingtoeggface.com? She has great recipes and ideas. Her Ricotta Bake and Egg Bites are great.

How about yogurt? A bit of egg salad? Wendy's Refried Beans with cheese is a popular choice.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

HisNameDaeDae
on 5/1/18 4:13 pm
VSG on 04/17/18

Hi Mary Gee,

thanks for the information, I will check out the website. I can do yogurt but i left it at work in the fridge so i'm bummed. Won't be going home for w hile so i grabbed some soft cheese puffs and sucked on them until i was full. Had about 10 inside a snack bag.

I can't do egg salad or beans until phase three which is another two weeks. ð??"

CC C.
on 5/1/18 1:57 pm

Cottage cheese was my go to. I can't tell from your post if you're hungry or if you are trying to kill time until dinner? If the latter, don't do that.

HisNameDaeDae
on 5/1/18 4:16 pm
VSG on 04/17/18

Hi Cecily C,

That's awesome? i can do cottage cheese during this phase. Wasn't really hungry as i wrote the post because i just had lunch. I was just going over the details in which i could follow, and the paper says snacks as long as its 2oz and stage appropriate. So being that im in the puree/soft mushy food. I had a snack bag and fulled it up with about 10 cheese puffs and just sucked on them until i was full for mtg snack for the day.

Valerie G.
on 5/2/18 1:57 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Please step away from the cheese puffs. I put that up to the eating disorders of people chewing food and spitting it out.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

hollykim
on 5/1/18 4:12 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 1, 2018 at 5:49 PM Pacific Time, HisNameDaeDae wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I am 2 weeks post-op today. I'm on Phase 2 of my sleeve diet, and now that I can eat some pureed foods, I wanted to if anyone has any suggestions to snack that I could eat?

I've already had my breakfast and lunch? and I don't want to eat dinner at 4 p.m. I would rather snack on something until Dinner time.

Please help.

Thanks

I don't eat snacks anymore. I eat 6 small meals. I eat

meat, eggs , cheese, lunch meat, chili, egg salad chicken salad tuna salad, Greek yogurt .

I often eat meat leftovers for breakfast and eggs for dinner.

it is helpful to get out of the mindset of "snacks". Snacks to us often mean chips, sweets and the like. Mindset needs to change for long term success.

Many of these items can be puréed or as soft enough on their own for puréed diet.

HisNameDaeDae
on 5/1/18 4:18 pm
VSG on 04/17/18

Hi Holly,

thanks for your input, but as per my dietician, and the weightloss plan i am currently following all meats cannot be started until phase 3, which is in another two weeks for me ð??"ð??"

hollykim
on 5/1/18 4:26 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On May 1, 2018 at 11:18 PM Pacific Time, HisNameDaeDae wrote:

Hi Holly,

thanks for your input, but as per my dietician, and the weightloss plan i am currently following all meats cannot be started until phase 3, which is in another two weeks for me ð??"ð??"

so, let me get this straight. It is ok to cheat my sucking on cheese puffs but not ok to cheat by eating puréed meat?

Or are cheese puffs on your diet sheet?

(deactivated member)
on 5/1/18 9:29 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Does it specifically say pureed meats cannot be started, or just meats? If it says meat, they mean non-puree I'm guessing.

HisNameDaeDae
on 5/3/18 8:13 pm
VSG on 04/17/18

Hey mershmellow,

meats arent even mentioned at this phase. Im not introduced to it for another two more weeks in the third phase "Soft Foods"

Most Active
Recent Topics