Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Tuesday, May 1, 2018

CC C.
on 5/1/18 8:24 am, edited 5/1/18 8:26 am

It's a sad day on the menu thread when a Californian is the first to post at 8:30AM PT!

Happy May Day all! Can you believe it's May already??

Today Salvation Army is coming to pick up a huge pile of stuff from my garage. Woohoo for spring cleaning! And it's one wee****il my plastic surgery, so I'll be orgainzing my recovery space this week.

QOTD: Do you get attached to your things or feel guilty giving or throwing away items you don't really need anymore? I'll answer separately.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - egg white, turkey sausage sandwich

D - mussels, asparagus

S - protein shake, cheese, crackers

mmsmom
on 5/1/18 8:51 am - Woburn, MA

Thanks for posting!

QOTD: I get ridiculously sentimental about everything. However, I'm not really a pack rat - and my husband throws away everything - even things we use, haha

B: english muffin with peanut butter

L: heading to the caf - who knows

D: still no kitchen - so takeout, maybe italian...chicken piccata?

E: walk

L/V: good

VSG on 04/28/2014

CC C.
on 5/1/18 8:54 am

I do struggle with getting rid of things, especially stuff I paid a lot of money for (but just don't need) or things my mom gave me (and she gave me A LOT). Once it's gone I feel a weight lifted, but I feel a lot of guilt in the run up to it and struggle a lot with the decision making process.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/1/18 9:12 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

So funny that you just posted this QOTD! I just went through a ton of old greeting cards to decide what to save. I was going to ask people about whether they saved them or not and if they were discrinatory about it from the outset or did they scan through them only when necessary. I did just save all the cards from eldest DD and a good selection from all other family members. I tossed the wedding congratulation cards from 37 years ago except for a select few (we had them from people I either never knew or couldn't remember).

QOTD: On other things (other than cards) I used to save tons of stuff "just in case" I needed it later. At the time, we had almost too much storage space in our house. So when we moved from there in 2014 and had to dump/donate a huge volume of things, I tried to learn a lesson. I have much less saved stuff now (though I'm not completely clear). One of my retirement plans is to sort through it, especially pictures (we kept all of them when we moved and there are a LOT of boxes).

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad with pickles and cottage cheese

D: Salmon and broccoli

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

venusmedic5801
on 5/1/18 9:40 am - North Bangor, NY
VSG on 05/15/18

Hi Liz,

QOTD: I keep cards from family members who are most important to me and those who are no longer with me. I keep them from close friends as well if there is a personal written passage in them. I was quite the paper hoarder but I have since learned to purge. Lol

I am 14 days pre-op so, I am enjoying my coffee and my Bubly( grapefruit flavored carbonated water).

B: Fat free vanilla Greek yogurt w/scoop of unflavored Unjury and 1/4 cup Good Mix seeds and Gogi berries.

L. 1/2 cup tuna with lemon and everything flat bread sticks and 1/2 cup of skim milk.

D:Unjury protein shake

S: an orange

venusmedic5801
on 5/1/18 9:28 am - North Bangor, NY
VSG on 05/15/18

Congrats on all your progress and upcoming plastics!! Your surgery is on my birthday so I hope it brings good luck!!ð?'??

CC C.
on 5/1/18 2:31 pm

Thank you! Happy early birthday!

Kristi T.
on 5/1/18 10:00 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning and Happy May Day! No, I can't believe it is May already, but I am so glad it is here! Good for you Cecily, having Salvation Army come get all of your stuff. There is something so satisfying about spring cleaning. Especially since you have your surgery coming up soon. Having an organized recovery space will help out so much!

QOTD-Like Liz, I tend to keep things "just in case", then they pile up and I get really anxious. I am having a deck sale(I don't have a front yard) this spring so I am going through all of the "just in case" stuff now.

B-Bullet Coffee

L-PP shake

S-Chai tea and 1/2 Quest bar

D-Salad bar and dry chicken wings(dinner out with Mah Jong group)

E-Walk with Emmy

Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

CC C.
on 5/1/18 10:14 am

I wish I could have a garage sale. It's verboten per my homeowners association.

Kristi T.
on 5/2/18 9:13 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I can understand some of HOA rules, but the garage sale one baffles me:-) I know some areas will allow home owners to have sales in the neighborhood club houses. My neighborhood is old and has no rules at all. There is a few odd turquoise houses on the block:-)

Most Active
Recent Topics