Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday April 30, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/18 4:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Tomorrow is May Day! Can you believe it (I can't)?

Last night I went to my in-person support group for the first time since the fall. We had a discussion about primary care physicians, which leads to the QOTD.

QOTD: Did your PCP suggest WLS to you or was it your idea? If yours, was your PCP supportive? I saw my previous PCP for many years through many diets. He would obviously comment when my weight was up. I asked about WLS and he said it might be good for me to look into. I didn't follow through at that point. Eighteen months later I had moved and decided that it was time to do something. I started going to information sessions at WLS centers. By the time I met my new PCP, I was already starting the process. He was very supportive and receptive to completing any paperwork needed to gain insurance approval.

2 Years post-op

Always lots of coffee...

B: Eggs scrambled with cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Emiepie egg salad

D: Marinated pork tenderloin with peppers

S: mozzarella/prosciutto sticks, apple

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Gwen M.
on 4/30/18 4:38 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It was so cold yesterday so I refuse to believe tomorrow is May. Brr.

I'm heading home from a lovely weekend with my mom - after I get packed up and showered. Once I get home, I've got PT in the afternoon and, aside from that, just working on school. It's my last week of the session. Yay! Then I get two weeks of vacation. Bigger yay!

QOTD: I'd been seeing my PCP for about 12 years and she never once mentioned WLS to me. She was supportive when I brought it up. Now, however, she's very weird about WLS and tells me she tries to talk people out of it since I'm her "only successful patient." Ooookay. So I found a new PCP this year who is much more pro-WLS. On the one hand, I wouldn't have had WLS until I was ready, so I'm okay with her never having mentioned it. On the other hand, it is an effective tool to battle obesity, so she probably should have at least mentioned it!

1: scrambled eggs
2: no idea, protein bar in car probably
3: kung pao tofu

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: physical therapy and home exercises

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 4/30/18 5:05 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all. I have two days of heavy doctor's appointments today and tomorrow. I took these two days off for them. While my body loves it, my wallet is saying "Whaaaat's happening out there?!" Though, I'm alright and really I'm at a point where physically it's too much. My entire hall is physical assists, not just light, but heavy, heavy assists. While I use proper mechanics (I even got a back brace to make sure to keep my back straight) and do things the right way with equipment, I'm just not doing well physically with it. I love my job as far as knowing I'm helping vulnerable people at the very end of their Alzheimer and Dementia, but it's gotten to a point where getting up in the morning is a sinking feeling of dread, which I just can't do. Definitely thankful I'm going to school full time starting in the fall.

QOTD: It was suggested to me by a doctor in the psychiatric hospital I spent a little time in. She talked to me about it, and with her help and the social workers from that hospital pushing to get Medicaid, I was able to get it right away after her and I discussed it. I will always be thankful to her and the social worker. They saved my life.

Breakfast - Cottage cheese on Nature's own toast with a bit of cinnamon sprinkled over it (it sounded gross to me at first too, but it's good.)

Lunch - Shredded chicken verde with a fajita tortilla

Dinner - Cubed chicken with pepper stir-fry veggies

Snack - Chobani plain, greek

Totals: 710 calories, 48g carbs, 94g protein

E: Gym after I'm done with the doctor's appointments today

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/30/18 5:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The WLS center I work with panticipated in a conference for PCPs to help them better understand Bariatric surgery and how to approach it with patients. Even among physicians in attendance there was some resistance to recommending surgery. Apparently many didn't think they had the time or didn't know how to bring up the topic. And some still didn't think it was a good idea (I guess they just wanted CEUs). Our WLS center supplied a script for physicians to use and offered to continue the conversation started by the PCP with the patient.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-125 CW: 121

Carmaneel
on 4/30/18 6:51 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 08/25/17

I can't believe spring is finally here! It felt like the winter here in Canada was never going to end and now today it's going to be 18'C or 64 freedom units. Hahaha.

QOTD: I was the one that suggested WLS to my PCP and she was all for it. Put my application through to the Ontario Bariatric Network the same day. It took me two goes through the program to get here since I chickened out the first time but here we are finally!

B: 1 Egg, 1/2 Chicken Sausage, 15g Feta Cheese

L: 3oz Salmon, 1oz Mashed Sweet Potato, 1oz Broccoli

D: Up in the air but probably 1oz home made spaghetti, 2.5oz chicken, 1 oz broccoli and some red pepper pesto.

S: Yogurt bowls: 1oz blueberries, 1/4c plain greek yogurt, 2tbsp toasted almonds, 1tsp honey, lots of cinnamon

Totals:

Cal: 802
Protein: 79g
Carb: 53g
Fat: 33g

VSG: Aug 25th, 2017|| HW: 398 CW: 250 GW: 190 Age: 29 | 5'9"

Jess Says Yes
on 4/30/18 8:02 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning everyone. Last work week before our Florida vacation! Today I've got my neurofeedback appointment and a couple of groups at the women's prison.

QOTD: no one recommended it to me. Not my pcp, not my GYN who diagnosed me with diabetes and PCOS and not my endocrinologist who treated me for diabetes. At 326lbs with type 2, no one recommended it. But I researched it myself quietly for years, and last year after regaining AGAIN and suffering from several physical ailments I realized that I could do it at 35 or put it off another ten years and do it when I was in even worse shape. So glad I took the leap!

b - Coffee & Protein shake

L - triple zero yogurt w/ almonds

D - hibachi chicken, shrimp, and veggies

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Erin T.
on 4/30/18 8:25 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! It was a busy and productive weekend. I had a DXA scan, took Isis to begin participating in her first research study, and met with Aurora's teacher for the first time. Jon's in D.C. the beginning of this week so my schedule is a little off.

QOTD: My PCP did not suggest WLS. I did all the research myself and signed up for an information session at the bariatric center. One of the first action items for the program was to take a letter of support to your PCP and have them sign it (it wasn't required, but I guess helps with the insurance approval process). In the end my PCP was very supportive.

15 months post-op/Maintenance/126.6lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg cups w/ Sausage & Broccoli

M3: Pulled Pork

M4: Chicken Sausage & Broccoli

M5: LC White Chocolate Cheesecake

E: Not sure what I'll get today with needing to adjust my work schedule

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Kristi T.
on 4/30/18 9:14 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Another rainy day today, that's okay I will take anything over winter. Yesterday was long, I ended up not feeling very good either. Must be a little bug of some sort. Hopefully today is better. Going over to my friend's house to help her clean her stain glass windows. They are a little too heavy for her.

QOTD-I started the research and asked my PCP for a referral letter. Our area does not do any type of surgical weight loss. My PCP was hesitant only because she did not know the surgeon and all of my appointments and surgery would be a few hours away. She was happy to do it and very supportive.

B-Bullet Coffee and 1/2 Quest bar

L-Whole plain Greek yogurt w/blueberries and almonds

S-Chai tea, Dukes sausage links

D-BLT and avocado salad from Wendy's

E-Late afternoon walk with Emmy

Have a good Monday!

mmsmom
on 4/30/18 9:25 am - Woburn, MA

Good afternoon,

QOTD: I suggested it to my PCP -who was totally for it - and very supportive.

B: 1/2 bagel with cc

L: soup - 1/2 chicken noodle mixed with 1/2 italian wedding

D: leftover chicken chow mein, ribs

E: most likely a walk - have been killing my steps lately - over 13K a day - woo hoo

V/L good

VSG on 04/28/2014

yvonnef1964
on 4/30/18 10:19 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

Qotd my previous dr suggested it but wasn't ready at that point. When I did it, it was up to me, didn't tell my pcp until after I had it. He was supportive when I told him.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and mini bagel with cream cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D tbd support group

Have a good day

Most Active
Recent Topics